Fall 2014 Transfer

<p>Checked today and I got in!! Hopefully ill be able to attend</p>

<p>@lambo85 what were your stats? I applied past the deadline too</p>

<p>@wst1116‌ I have a 3.5 GPA as a finance major from a top 25 university (according to US News)…I was surprised to hear my decision a week after I applied</p>

<p>Just got in! Congratulations to everyone! I will be a Sophomore next year, is rushing for Greek life only in the Spring?</p>

<p>@veggie27 i’m waiting to hear back, what are your stats?</p>

<p>The financial aid package they gave me is VERY disappointing. They want me to pay $46k a year HAAAA</p>

<p>@veggie27 If you do not mind sharing, what are your statistics?</p>

<p>Hey, i’ve been using CC silently since my senior year of high school and it has helped me choose Miami over Tulane as a Transfer student. I was wondering if other people were struggling with finding housing for next year?</p>

<p>@sandiego619 @wst1116 I attend a small christian college in San Diego and had a 3.6 GPA first semester along with a 28 on the ACT. My activities involved competing in Nationals for the speech and debate team, tutoring inner city youth biweekly, and facilitating for different events and coalitions against Human Trafficking. I am still finishing up my Freshman year there but got accepted into the School of Communication for Fall 2014. Have you guys heard back yet? What other schools are you applying to?</p>

<p>@camchristian I was thinking the same thing! Someone should make a facebook group:)</p>

<p>are any other transfers committed yet? I am officially committed and looking for potential roommates. I will be living in pearson, eaton or mahoney. Im a 20 year old male very easy to get along with, will be 21 this summer so it would be cool to have some people around that age but younger is fine. If your potentially intersted shoot me a message!</p>

<p>@veggie27 Thanks for sharing! I too am from San Diego! However, I got rejected from UofM for freshman admission. Keep in mind though that I am a high school senior. I will be attending Marquette University next year! Miami was my number 1, and even though I got rejected as a freshman applicant, hopefully I can transfer as a sophomore! I should finish my school year with a 3.7-3.8 GPA CUM, and I have an enormous upward trend (3.2 frosh, 3.5 soph, 3.7 jun, 4.2 senior/first semester, 4.5 senior second semester). Hopefully that will help, as the admission committee will mostly reflect on high school grades for students transferring as a sophomore. However, I have a 24 ACT, which is low. I need to get that up! Do you think I have a good chance of getting accepted? Also, if you do not mind asking, how was your financial aid package? Thank you for your help!</p>

<p>I just committed last week! I’ll be a sophomore this fall transferring from a county college in new jersey. I put a housing deposit in too, but they said spots are limited. Is anyone else worried about not being able to get housing? </p>

<p>@snr224 congrats!! I think freshmen and sophomores are guaranteed housing. Do you mind sharing your stats please?</p>

<p>@Sandiego619 when I put the housing deposit in it said I wasn’t guaranteed. My high school stuff wasn’t great honestly and my first semester was 3.25 with only 12 credits. On the midterm report for this semester all my professors wrote excellent comments and said I had A’s for 15 credits. Originally I got an email saying that they wanted to see my final spring grades before making a decision, but as of April 25th my acceptance was posted </p>