Fall 2014 transfers?

<p>@masterburrito1 Nice! Lucky is a pretty awesome place to live and I love its location. How/where did you find scholarships for housing? Thats great</p>

<p>@collegegirlxxx‌ I got it through the NSCS Scholar Connections. It’s just an organization I joined in college. You can probably find them all over the place. One bedrooms are still available in most apartment buildings, too. Otherwise, living with friends is probably still the best option to get the full experience lol</p>

<p>@masterburrito1 I’m apart of NSCS, I should look into their scholarships too</p>

<p>Just read through the thread and glad to hear most of you postponed students were admitted!! Must feel pretty great. I thought I’d get in on the action and post my stats:</p>

<p>Seeing that I’m 26 years old, I don’t think my HS GPA will play much of a factor ( at least I hope not, because it was not as you would say, good ). </p>

<p>College (UW Platteville)
GPA: 3.86 ( 4 A’s, 2 A-'s )
Including some difficult classes, such as Calculus and C++
Credits: 15 hours</p>

<p>Volunteer work over the last summer at a nursing home.
Adult Student: Apparently they give an edge to some under-represented groups, such as minority races and adult students (25+).</p>

<p>No college EC’s, no real time for them… calculus took a lot of studying.</p>

<p>Rec letters from my calculus professor and fresh comp professor.</p>

<p>Because I have such low credit hours, I have a feeling I have a better chance of being postponed than being full-out admitted. What do you future and potential badgers think?</p>

<p>@wroblewskij‌ You have pretty good stats, I think. You have that down. They’ll like the hard class and probably that you’re not the traditional student. But just reading off of my admissions acceptance letter, it indicates that they look for people who achieve academically and strive in the community. So with that said, the more involvement the better, I’d say. I mean, I got a C in the semester, and my GPA for last semester was a 2.8 (just for the semester;overall was a 3.8), and I got in. This was after I got postponed, when they went back and saw I got a 2.8, it must have looked bleak. When asking them why I got in, they said it’s because I was involved in about 8 different organizations while taking some of the hardest classes in school. As for grades, I think as long as they know that you’re doing your best, they’ll like it. But they want you to get involved, too. Lastly, try to submit in a paper detailing the struggles academically and personally you had to deal with. They said it really helped. I just composed a simple document that explained what I had to do in the classes I got bad grades in and how hard it was and how I did my best, what I’d do differently in Madison, etc. Give them the full picture. Oh, and in your personal letter, try to give them a reason for coming to madison. She also said that my personal statement really helped, because I detailed the courses I’d take at Madison, the organizations I’d join, and the stuff I’d do when admitted. The counselor said it helped them make the decision knowing that I have a plan academically as well as to get involved in the community. But just reading off of the letter they sent me " We look for students who demonstrate a
continued commitment to academic excellence that also seek challenges, and through it all, manage to contribute both to their schools and their communities. " So I’d say to really try to show them that you can match that and try to get involved in community/school. That’s just my opinion. Personally, I thought a lot of the people who got denied should have gotten in with their credentials, and I don’t think their process is entirely “fair.” I hope this helped though. Best of luck! :)</p>

<p>Wow @Masterburrito1‌ thank you for the detailed response. I did make it to a few acm and aitp club meetings, but not enough to really matter. Most meetings were on the nights of my calc exams. But reading what you said about clubs being very important, I will most definitely make it a priority to be a major part of these clubs.</p>

<p>Your response was very, very helpful! Thank you.</p>

<p>Hello! For those of you who got admitted late what are you doing about housing? I really wanted to live in the transfer dorm since I’m coming from California and thought it would be the best way to meet people but all the rooms are full. I’m on a wait list but I don’t know how likely it is that I am going to get a spot in the dorms. Also, is there any way we can still get season tickets for the football games? Online it looks like they are sold out. Thank you in advance! </p>

<p>I was wondering… How long does it usually take for your application to change into being reviewed once all your materials have been received? I’m not worried at the moment, but it has been a little more than a week since all materials have been received. I would like to know; when should I start to worry?</p>

<p>I don’t remember exactly how long it took for mine but I think it took quite awhile. You should be fine! Are you applying for the spring?</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply Sklrjnsn! I am indeed applying for the spring semester.</p>

<p>@wroblewskij‌ No problem! I’m pretty sure that it took them a few weeks for that to change. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you friend. How did your application go?</p>