Financial Aid Award Notification Date

Does anybody know when the Wisconsin sends out financial aid awards? I can’t seem to find a definite answer on https://finaid.wisc.edu/

You can get a very accurate idea using the Net Price Calculator.

What is your FAFSA EFC and are you a non-WI and non-MN resident?

@Madison85
I checked out the financial aid calculator on their website and received the estimate. That being said, I don’t want to make any final college decisions based upon an estimate.

I can tell you that with my kids, the UW-Madison Net Price Calculator was accurate to the dollar 100% of the time for every year.

How much more aid do you need from what the NPC is showing now?

Work studies and loans aside, I’d probably need about $4,000 more. I would be interested in a work study, however I’d prefer to not take any loans if possible.

https://chancellor.wisc.edu/blog/proposed-tuition-increases-among-out-of-state-and-professional-school-students/

Keep in mind that the tuition is scheduled to increase $2000-$3000 per year.

@Madison85 According to that though financial aid should increase with it. Do you think that means OOS students will be eligible for more grant money?

I assume that means that financial aid will increase for OOS students with FAFSA EFC of $14k or lower, and won’t aid won’t go up as much as the tuition increase.

Add the amount of work study to the $4,000 gap because you won’t get that money before the first bill needs to be paid. You earn the WS as a paycheck during the semester. You also have to find a job first.

So if you are short $5,000+ for the year the you can take out a student loan or plan to work this summer and try to earn some of this money.

Are books and personal expenses, travel included in your figures? Also find out if your current insurance will be accepted by UW.

My son has been postponed at UW. He completed his FAFSA about 10 days ago and included UW as one of the schools on the form. He has received confirmation from one of the other schools regarding receipt of the FAFSA form, but when he clicks on the “financial aid” section in the student center for UW it states this:

Does this mean that they did not receive the FAFSA yet? Should he call them?

In my experience, it takes awhile for that to be updated.

I emailed them, and they told me that they begin sending financial aid award packages around the beginning of April.