Food Trucks in T-town!

<p>[Tuscaloosa</a> late-night food truck now to offer lunch on 2 days | al.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2012/03/tuscaloosa_food_truck_to_serve.html]Tuscaloosa”>Tuscaloosa late-night food truck now to offer lunch on 2 days - al.com)</p>

<p>I’ve been wondering when T-town would get some of the very-popular Food Trucks that are creating a craze everywhere. </p>

<p>I’m hoping that eventually there will be an array of them on Game Days and other busy days around campus.</p>

<p>You may already have these in your town. Last Fall and Winter, my relatives and I enjoyed following them around Orange County locations and trying out various street faire. It’s a great way for a prospective restaurant to find out if their food would sell in an area before putting in bricks and sticks…and it’s also an easy way for them to find out if new menu items will sell.</p>

<p>And…BTW…I am hearing that Kohl’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, and a few other bigger stores have been contacted about putting stores in T-town.</p>

<p>I am very surprised that BB&B does not already have a store in Tuscaloosa. If I could pick up purchases at a BB&B in Tuscaloosa, we’d do most of our dorm shopping there, but I’m not going to drive to Birmingham, so we’ll probably shop elsewhere online and have things shipped, or do ship to store at Target or Walmart. I would think a BB&B (or a Kohls) would do well in TTown.</p>

<p>Yes, both will do VERY well. Don’t know what the hold up is. I imagine that the Tornado delayed some plans.</p>

<p>If any of you’ve noticed or were wondering when that tornado-battered CVS on the corner of 15th street would be demolished, the permit to demolish was (finally) granted several weeks ago. </p>

<p>CVS has built a brand new store about 50 yards north of the old battered structure and that building is almost complete. </p>

<p>When I was in the temporary T-mobile “store” last weekend, I asked when their new bldg would be built (totalled during the tornado) and they said July. Since it’s just a bare foundation, I can’t imagine that it will be complete by then. But, who knows.</p>

<p>Sorry M2ck but the food truck is gone :frowning:
[Brothers</a> Street Eats no longer serving on campus | The Crimson White](<a href=“Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White”>Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White)</p>

<p>The food truck may be gone from campus due to the apparent noise, but it was only there on a trial basis to see if Bama Dining should open their own food truck. It is still open downtown with lower prices, serves french fries rather than potato chips, and serves Coke rather than Pepsi.</p>

<p>Dunkin Donuts is coming to Lakeside Dining in the Fall. This will likely be in the top floor where the coffee shop used to be. The Dining Hall for meal plans is downstairs.)</p>

<p>Yes, I can see the food truck setting up shop elsewhere.</p>

<p>D mentioned to me this week that part of the delay in some rebuilding was due to some property lines not being registered properly with the city of Tuscaloosa. It’s taken some time for the surveys to be completed and confirmed but now businesses can go forward.</p>

<p>Dunkin Donuts in Lakeside Dining?! Hooray! New Englanders at Bama can all celebrate! hahaha</p>

<p>Apologies for the unrelated question, but what dining establishments are located in the Ferg food court?</p>