Football tickets (returning students)

<p>The University doesn’t sell single game student tickets. But If you don’t get a season package you can still put yourself on the donated tickets list the week before the game and if a ticket comes available it will be given to you free of charge. Or you can also buy (fee negotiable) one off another student who is selling. It’s a simple transfer between the ACT cards and is done online. </p>

<p>Also if you buy a season package and don’t want to go to all the games then you can donate a ticket to the ticket bank, give it away to a friend, or sell it yourself. Be sure to do one of the above though as if you let your ticket go to waste 3 or more times then you won’t be eligible to buy tickets next season.</p>

<p>Thanks, NJ. So the same rule applies as this year, about letting tickets go to waste “disqualifying” you from buying the following year. </p>

<p>Any idea what time period the sale will be? Want to make sure son is on the alert for the purchase.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Yes, same rules as last year.</p>

<p>I’d imagine the actual sale will be in late April. I can’t see them doing it during finals week. So if not done before then it probably won’t be until mid May.</p>

<p>Just be sure he opts in before tomorrow afternoon and have him check his crimson email in the coming weeks. I’m sure it will be posted on here as well as soon as the dates are announced.</p>

<p>From the UA Student News E-mail:

</p>

<p>Note that for football tickets, only credits earned at UA, not AP or transfer credits, will count in determining one’s ticket purchase date. It does say total credits on the e-mail, but it has been total UA credits for the past few years.</p>

<p>^^^So then freshman, no matter how many AP/transfer credits they come in with, will get to purchase them on Friday, April 22? </p>

<p>Is this earned credit?</p>

<p>As of May, God willing, son will have over 31 credits, I think, so would he be able to purchase them on Thursday, possibly?</p>

<p>Ha, wishful thinking!</p>

<p>It’s based on how many UA hours you had earned before this semester.</p>

<p>^^^so our Freshmen are considered freshmen for football tickets & meal plans :)</p>

<p>Off topic: but D has finally cracked below the 200 meal mark & officially has 199 meals left for the rest of the semester.</p>

<p>RobD…LOL…about the meal plan. Thank goodness this will end this year for you.</p>

<p>Seriously, there needs to be a lesser meal plan for frosh…somewhere between Bronze and Silver… It would still be too much for your D this year, but not as expensive. </p>

<p>She needs to swipe just to get some fruit or sandwiches to go.</p>

<p>@RobD which plan is your D on? My D is worries a lesser plan won’t be enough, I keep telling her I have read on here that people can rarely use all the silver plan.</p>

<p>nicolle - i promise that the silver will be enough. even with trying really hard to use them up my DD still had about 30 left from first semester.</p>

<p>and if your dd wants to eat more than the minimum silver, then she will have open slots to go out and try some of the local places. my DD hasn’t tried many places at all b/c she is always trying to use up her meal plan.</p>

<p>RobD: Glad that your D dropped below 200 – finally. My son is at 59. He started the semester with 78. Before anyone wonders, yes, he does eat. Every time he calls, it’s seems, he’s on his way to a meeting that features a meal. What a life.</p>

<p>nicollec - tell her not to worry, my DS (on Silver plan) has never indicated he’s ever been hungry nor used up much of his Dining Dollars or Bama Cash (for food) will finish up with plenty leftover. He’s never even used any guest meals, and hasn’t come across anyone who needs them.</p>

<p>nicollec: she has the lowest freshman plan (silver.) She has almost used up all her Dining Dollars. And she is eating; she just prefers to cook for herself & visit Publix on a regular basis. </p>

<p>socal2bama: she also has all 20 of her guest meals :)</p>

<p>my kid doesn’t complain about the food much, thankfully. i know it is not as good at home, of course. she rarely eats breakfast either at home or at school so she doesn’t need 1/3 of the possible meals right there. a couple of days a week she has class through lunch and doesn’t eat until about 3.</p>

<p>you can alway increase your plan, but i haven’t heard of one person on the silver plan who was lacking for meals.</p>

<p>the good in this is that she hasn’t acquired the freshman 15. in fact she has lost 15 or more pounds. i have had to buy her smaller jeans twice already!</p>

<p>Nicolle…DD has a “Greek 50” plan because of the sorority (No dinner Friday night, no meals Saturday or Sunday at the house although snacks ect are available) and she only used 15 first semester and has used about 10 this semester. She uses her Dining Dollars more…and also her Bama Bucks. Your D will be fine…I promise. The kids seem to eat out a lot on the weekends. It also seems that different events on campus will offer free food. As said above you can always add $$$$ to the Dining Dollars if need be.</p>

<p>ditto socal2bama -
DS has 120 meals left and he is not a small or picky eater. Definitely has blown his allotment of Dining Dollars each time and chooses to spend his own money on Publix, Jimmy John’s etc. rather than use the meal plan. It will be great to be able to drop down from the silver plan. I wish there was a way to allocate guest meals directly to someone else’s ACT card, he’d donate all 20 of his if he knew someone needed them.</p>

<p>Thanks guys, I know that was OT, but I needed it straight from the horses mouth LOL! I think D has decided that since we are getting off so easy on tuition and board, we need to spend our money somewhere else, HA! HA! I will probably just do the silver and tell her we can give her a Publix allowance, or ad to her dining dollars.</p>

<p>Thanks again, you guys are the best!!</p>

<p>Here’s the thing: you can always upgrade, but you can’t downgrade. And if she runs out of meals, you can either add to her Bama cash or (at least at the end of the fall semester; didn’t see it on the meal plan site just now) add 10 meals at a time.</p>

<p>If you haven’t opted in yet you have 12 minutes to do so!!</p>

<p>What is the process for transferring a ticket from one student to another? Can you just pass along the ticket or do you need to do something electronically to transfer the ticket?</p>

<p>Finally, I wanted to come down for the LSU game. I know how tough a ticket that will be. Is there some secondary market for parents to get tickets without taking out a second mortgage?</p>