For the dorm room

<p>Since I learned about this wonderful shelving unit here, I thought I would share this sale that arrived in my inbox this morning. $40 off the usual price, but it is only for the dark walnut unit.</p>

<p>[Dolce</a> 4-Shelf Folding Bookcase - Dark Walnut : Target](<a href=“http://www.target.com/Dolce-4-Shelf-Folding-Bookcase-Walnut/dp/B00005OU1Y/ref=sc_ri_1?ie=UTF8&node=1263430011]Dolce”>http://www.target.com/Dolce-4-Shelf-Folding-Bookcase-Walnut/dp/B00005OU1Y/ref=sc_ri_1?ie=UTF8&node=1263430011)</p>

<p>You may want to see if World Market has folding bookcases. My son got one two years ago. It fits well in his room. And it’s red.</p>

<p>we bought this one last year, it’s terrific.</p>

<p>Thanks for posting this, I definitely may order it! Does anyone have any idea how that looks with the color of the furniture in Riverside?</p>

<p>GO through Ebates, and get free shipping and an additional 6% back:)</p>

<p>Is there room in a Ridgecrest room for this bookcase.</p>

<p>you can get 10% off target online orders with AAA.</p>

<p>it is doubtful that the color will match, but you will have a place to put your books. : )</p>

<p>depending on how you arrange your furniture … there is room. i think some kids put something like this on top of their desk or dresser.</p>

<p>my DD had a non-folding bookshelf from target ($25) in her room last year, but her bed was at max height and her desk dresser and nightstand were under the bed.</p>

<p>Hi all…starting to pull together everything for my son, who is a freshman this year…have a question about the heights for the bed, as I am looking for storage to put under it. Don’t want to go max height, but does the bed lift to various heights, ie, 36", 48",etc? Want to use the space, but not put the bed too high. </p>

<p>Thanks! My son isn’t into the decorating at all…just trying to put some organization into it!</p>

<p>the bed does go to various heights. a popular height is the high enough to put the dresser underneath. you can find the dresser height at ua housing. i am not sure what it is … 30" 33?</p>

<p>my DD didn’t want her bed at the max height either, but she liked it that way because it allowed the other pieces to fit underneath and made room for a butterfly chair and her bookshelf. with it arranged this way, there was also room behind the desk/dresser/nightstand to store storage tubs or boxes or suitcases.</p>

<p>this year she plans to arrange her room the same way. doesn’t even want to talk about doing it differently.</p>

<p>DS had it up some, enough for storage tubs to fit underneath but not too high that he had to climb up to get in. Although the room is likely smaller than what a kid has at home there is still PLENTY of space to have the bed all the way down and easily fit all furniture etc. without being too crowded.
Also, not for nothin’, but some of you freshmen parents (specially of sons) might want to search on here for last year’s actual moving in experiences. Consensus is that your child may not want ANY of your input when it comes to actual move in day… just be prepared :wink: it’s not about hurting your feelings but their first big stab at independence.
IMHO (from doing it the wrong way) put your effort into making sure he has what he needs (edited down) because that is much less fun for them than arranging their first “own” space.</p>

<p>Thanks AL34…I understand completely - I’ve gone through this with our daughter, and we had a small apartment to decorate together and we had alot of fun. Different story with the son as I’m sure he will be pushing us to the door as soon as he can! We are shopping tomorrow for alot of things, and I thought I’d be dragging him along, but no problem he said…</p>

<p>The last one out the door is alot harder than the first!</p>

<p>Boys and girls are so different. DS had hand-me-down linens, one suitcase, a desk lamp, a crate of miscellany, and a big box fan for his unairconditioned room. DD has a list for every category of stuff imaginable and having a blast shopping for it all.</p>

<p>*Is there room in a Ridgecrest room for this bookcase. *</p>

<p>It depends how you place the furniture.</p>

<p>Before we move anything into the dorm room, the first thing we do is move the furniture. since the cleaning people have just pushed furniture aside to vacuum and such, the furniture isn’t often placed in a way that is most efficient upon arrival.</p>

<p>you can always get this bookcase and bring it with you. then decide if you need/want it before you open it up. if not, then back it goes!</p>

<p>^^^^the only problem, you can’t take it back to the store, as I just learned. You can ship it back, but unless it is damaged you pay the shipping! Wish I had realized that before ordering a second one at the sale price with the intent to return the one I already purchased at full price.</p>

<p>The sale was just one day, so the bookcase it back at its full price. It is a nice bookcase, seems to be sturdy and it’s not supper big but should hold textbooks and other items very nicely.</p>

<p>The bookcase definitely fits on top of the desk if needed, DS just used his against the end of his bed.</p>

<p>oops sorry! i didn’t realize that you couldn’t return the item to the store. i have done that before with items not carried in the store with no problems. : (</p>

<p>This shelf is nice and sturdy and is a good price with the 20% off coupon at Bed,Bath&Beyond… It is sold in our local store, not just online</p>

<p>[3-Tier</a> Wide Iron Shelf - Bed Bath & Beyond](<a href=“http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16586668]3-Tier”>http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16586668)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I thought I would be able to take it back until I was getting ready to! May just keep it for here, since it is nice. It is set up in my dining room right now holding all of D’s dorm stuff and I can see it being used here :)</p>