Freshman Course Selection

<p>My son received a postcard in the mail with a link for him to go to and register for classes he is interested in for the upcoming semester (all to be finalized at orientation). His friend/room-mate did not receive this postcard. They are in two different major and thought maybe that had something to do with it. </p>

<p>Have the new freshman on this forum board received their postcard for class registration?? Should all students be doing this 'pre-registration' process?</p>

<p>DS hasn’t received anything yet. What is your son’s major?</p>

<p>I know that Gen. Engineering students have a pre-regristration process that involves taking a spatial test and submitting a form with what AP/Dual Enrolled/IB/etc. classes the student has taken. But I have not heard anything about pre-registering for classes. It probably depends on the major.</p>

<p>He is in University Studies, his friend is a Science major. I did some more investigating on VT website and found links to all the different depts. regarding incoming freshman and it does seem that each major does things a little different.</p>