Freshman Housing

Hey y’all. So I am going to be a freshman at the University of Alabama in the fall of 2016. I am currently applying for housing, and wondering which traditional coed dorm hall was the best. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Roll Tide!

Depends on your budget, how close you want to be to classes or activities, how much privacy you want etc. Best to check out the various options on the website, and then ask specific questions about specific dorms or types of dorms.

I want a “fun” hall. Maybe something by Greek row since I plan on rushing. I don’t need a whole lot of privacy.

Traditional style AND co-ed… Sounds like Mary Burke Hall (Burke East / Burke West). All male: Paty is traditional style. All female: Parham and Tutwiler are traditional style. Friedman and Harris are also traditional style (portions of the bldg) and co-ed, although they are specifically for those in certain majors or living-learning communities. Friedman has a fantastic location; open to “Commerce & Business Admin” living option students. More details at: http://housing.ua.edu/halls/

If you plan on being in greek life I definitely advise you to stay away from the suite style dorms. All the girls in my sorority that live in Ridgecrest, presidential, lakeside and riverside complain about how far away their building is from their classes and our house. They often miss meals BC they find it a hassle to walk over and back in the morning or at night. I am currently living in Parham (all girls traditional) and I love it! It’s so close to all of my classes on the quad and my sorority house. If you’re looking for the co-Ed equivalent of Parham then go with Burke! STAY AWAY from Tutwiler, paty and somerville. All the girls that rush look into Tut but Parham and Burke are MUCH nicer options.