Full-Time Student?

the below are your high school stats, so I suspect that you were a strong med school applicant. :slight_smile:

Decision:Accepted

Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 2290 (690CR/800M/800W)
ACT: N/A
SAT II: 790 Chem 770 Math II
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 2/350
AP (place score in parenthesis): Psych 5, Bio 5, Stats 4, EnvSci 4, Eng Lang 3
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load: AP Chem, AP Calc AB, AP Eng Lit, AP Euro, Honors Physics
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): None
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Boy Scouts (SPL, Eagle Scout), Key Club (Vice President), and some other basic stuff.
Job/Work Experience: None.
Volunteer/Community service: Boy Scouts and Key Club.
Summer Activities: National Jamboree - 2010, Environmentalist Internship - 2011, Medicine Internship - 2012.
Essays: Decent.
Teacher Recommendation: Decent.
Counselor Rec: Didn’t Read.
Additional Rec: None.
Interview: None.
Other
State (if domestic applicant): HI
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Indian/White
Income Bracket: 220k+
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): None
Reflection
Strengths: SAT/GPA
Weaknesses: CR, AP Scores, ECs
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: I suppose I was just academically qualified. I hadn’t really showed that much interest, nor did I have any significant extra-curriculars.
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Accepted to USC, Emory, Alabama, Upitt, UMD, Tulane, and LA Tech. All acceptances were with varying amounts of merit aid.
General Comments: It feels nice to be accepted to such an elite university, as this was the most prestigious school of those that I had applied, but I did not get any merit aid, so I will not be matriculating.

Good luck to everyone else!

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

I know that I was negative about the idea of applying to med school after 2 years, but you did it and you were successful.

What were your medically related ECs or research?

Again, congrats.