Full Tuition Scholarship for ACT Score

Hello all, I qualify for the automatic full tuition scholarship with my 33 ACT. This morning I got an email from admissions telling me to fill out their scholarship application. Do I have to fill out that application to get the Presidential Scholarship or does it just come with admission? I’m asking because the scholarship application form calls for leadership positions and the like, which makes me feel like I’m being selected based on merits other than my score, not to mention I’m so over making lists of all of the things I’ve done throughout high school, haha. Total application burnout, I know. If it is in fact required then yes, of course, I’ll fill it out with no complaints if that’s what it takes to get free tuition, but I just don’t want to start filling out a scholarship application for money I won’t need. Thanks!

Even though the scholarship is guaranteed with the proper stats you will still need to fill out the form. Leadership and the other areas are not in play for the guaranteed scholarships but keep in mind that there are other awards you might end up qualifying for as the form is used for many scholarships.

Yes, you need to fill out the scholarship application before the deadline.
From the Scholarship FAQS page:

How can I be considered for scholarships?
As an entering freshman (applying for the Fall semester following your senior year of high school), you will need to send a completed application for admission, official high school transcript (grades 9-11), official ACT or SAT scores, application fee, and the completed scholarship section of the application for admission by December 15 of your senior year in high school.

As an incoming transfer undergraduate student (applying for the Fall semester), you will need to send a completed application for admission, official college transcript(s) from any college(s) attended, application fee, and the completed scholarship section of the application for admission by March 1. Please note that when you apply it generally takes 24-48 hours for you to receive your CWID so that you may access the scholarship application

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

…and if you happen to get any additional scholarship money…you can very easily apply it to: housing, freshman all-access meal plan, and course fees.

@smithemi97 You’re welcome.

Don’t forget to try for your local scholarships and other scholarships. You can usually get a list from your high school guidance department or look online. The University of Alabama allows the stacking of scholarships.

The scholarship is automatic for stats, but those questions are for other awards. Fill it out, and don’t worry about what ECs you don’t have.

[QUOTE=""]
but I just don't want to start filling out a scholarship application for money I won't need. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

You don’t need any other money?

Anyway…just copy paste your ECs from some other app. Don’t you have a Word Doc with your listed ECs on it just for copying and pasting for apps?

^ You might be astonished to find that you DO need other money, @smithemi97. :wink: …as @amy9998 points out. Be sure to write in your calendar the deadline for re-applying for these additional scholarships in subsequent years (for existing students). You will be surprised: even full-tuition scholarship recipients have been given extra funds, and they do come in mighty handy.