Galveston vs PSA

<p>I have been told by several people (but can't substantiate) that TAMUG is even better than the PSA campuses because you don't need a transfer - just a change of major - to switch to CollegeStation. </p>

<p>But my question is: If a PSA guarantees you a transfer after one year isn't THAT better? According to our Aggieland Saturday rep it is very difficult to change majors now.</p>

<p>Is it likely that you can change majors after only one year at TAMUG? Is there a process for "changing majors" that is documented somewhere? A friend's daughter (at CS) tried to get into ChemEngr for over a year and it seemed like they kept changing the rules on her each time she saw an advisor. Finally she gave up and moved to another Engr discipline.</p>

<p>well, it depends on your major which is a better option. Galveston is sort of a better option because you can just apply for a change of curriculum. It varies depending on the major you want to apply to…some are easier than others. So, my daughter wants to do Biomedical Science and it is pretty strict. You have to have all of the CBK courses done and you really can’t do that in one year. However, some majors are easy and don’t require much more than 24 hrs of transfer and a 2.5. So, check with the department you are wanting to enter before you make a decision!</p>