Game Day Event Football Game Tickets?

<p>My D received an email telling her she could get two tickets to the Vandy football game and game day event – not guranteed, but to use a special user ID and password to book the event, and if she got the tickets she would be notified by email.</p>

<p>Anyone familiar with this? </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Yes…we did this our sons’ senior years.</p>

<p>My D just got this email as well. We have booked the event; hope we get tickets! This is during Fall Break, and we were already planning to arrange a campus visit that week. She has never been to an Alabama football game so she is excited. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Keep in mind…</p>

<p>Since they only comp 2 tix, if you’re going with your family, you’ll have to buy more tix and those tix will be for another stadium location. When we went, the boys used the comp tix and we (the parents) bought tix for ourselves. </p>

<p>Everyone meets at the Student Center (across from the Ferg) at an appointed time to get their tix and to hear a spiel about the school. Then you go to the game. </p>

<p>It’s a great day. Go early to see the tailgating on the Quad.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info – we were already planning on going Friday night (as a family) to take in the bon-fire, and then get up early for parade. If D get’s her tickets, she and a sister can sit there and we will find 3 tickets for other sister and mom and me.</p>

<p>We will tailgate over by the band practice field (pay Boy Scouts $20).</p>

<p>I couldn’t tell if it was something they had to attend the whole day or what to get the tickets. Hope they get them. RTR!!!</p>

<p>I don’t think you have to attend something the whole day. Both of these “comp” games we went to were night games. I think we had to be at the Student Center at about 3 pm for the info session and to get the tix, then we headed over to the stadium. </p>

<p>We went earlier that day and spent time on the Quad.</p>

<p>Hmm – D never heard anything on this – wonder if this means she did not get the tickets?</p>

<p>Did she immediately respond.</p>

<p>Yes, same day within an hour or so of original email. When she responded it still said tickets left, and still shows the event as “booked” but pending when she clicks on link. Just thought she would have heard by now, to know whether to plan on going to game.</p>

<p>Our D was offered tickets to the Arkansas game this Saturday. She didn’t receive her confirmation email until late last week. We are looking forward to attending our first SEC game and seeing all of her friends who are in the MDB!</p>

<p>We haven’t heard anything about the Vandy tickets either. We booked them within a couple of hours of getting the email. I am hoping we find out by next week, so we can plan our weekend.</p>

<p>It looks like they now notify by email. Years ago, we were notified by snail mail with instructions.</p>