Gateway Admission TAMU Class of 2026

This thread will be used to share info about the Gateway program as well as allow you parents/students a chance to interact. This is a small coveted pathway. So excited for you all. This is by far my favorite pathway to TAMU!!!

Ask away and share the wealth!

@Crickett272 here ya go.

1 Like

My son was just offered Gateway and accepted. He will join the Corps of Cadets and the FTAB this Fall. Not sure what to ask yet, but he’s excited to meet other kiddos and get to Aggieland! Anyone else joining the band or Corps?

1 Like

I can’t believe his My Howdy still says under review. Anyone else still waiting? DS applied to Mays last August. Military kid who transferred to TX this past summer. His TX high school finally got around to ranking him after the first semester, top 9%. He contacted TAMU and they said it was too late to submit that info. Hoping TAMU will come back with good news, but I’m sure anxious to hear for him.

1 Like

That’s awesome. What a great way to start college. He’ll get the summer session to get fully acclimated before the craziness starts.

2 Likes

Is it possible to switch from Gateway to Blinn?

@CTTAMUDAD no, both Gateway and TEAM are offered, you can’t apply or chose. Gateway is one summer session, 2 easy classes, then full A&M acceptance.

1 Like

Can my son take your Gateway spot :smiley: ? Just kidding

1 Like

What are the downsides to Gateway? It doesn’t seem that the GPA would be hard to obtain? Is it essentially just a “summer start” ? I guess we don’t understand the difference between this and Blinn? One short summer session VS 2 years at Blinn? Thanks for any insight!

It’s full admission with summer start. See below. Super easy to get the 2.0 plus it’s fantastic they get acclimated to campus before the rush of students. The classes are smaller and they get the study skills course which can’t hurt! See below from the website.

“Qualified students are selected for provisional admission by the Office of Admissions to participate in the Aggie Gateway to Success (AGS or Gateway) program as General Studies students. Students participating in this mandatory program are assigned 6 hours of University Core Curriculum courses plus a study skills class during the second summer session (July-August) prior to their first fall semester at Texas A&M University. They participate in peer-mentor led groups and must reside on campus during the summer. Participating students must attend a designated New Student Conference. Gateway students may apply for summer Financial Aid.”

3 Likes

Since Gateway students have NSC in June for their summer schedule, I’m wondering about selecting classes for fall. After reading the kids that are full admit should choose an early NSC for class choice, does this leave a poor class selection for Gateway kids when they can register for fall classes? I assume they register after completing Summer 2. Which would be August 10th or after. Any insight or experience?

You register for the fall as well during NSC.

1 Like

Not sure who you are hearing from, but they open seats in EVERY NSC (except August, class options/times can be slim by then). There is NO benefit to the earliest NSC over June & July NSC’s.

3 Likes

For sure. All of that. AND gateway students register for summer 2 and fall classes at the same time (so June NSC). Nothing at all to worry about. You’ll get the courses you need.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize they did both summer and fall at the Gateway NSC. Thank you!

1 Like

My daughter has been switched to General Studies and summer so I am assuming a Gateway admission is forthcoming. Assuming so, they have to go to the appointed NSC correct? That is when we already have fully booked and paid for vacation plans. We can adapt, but wanted to ask. Also, I see classes start on 7/7. When would dorm move in normally be?

Move in July 6th. Classes the 7th. It won’t be the same dorm as fall semester so you don’t have to totally move in like you would in the fall.

Make sure you do phase 1 of housing for fall

And yes, only one NsC for gateway. June 16/17.

1 Like

What do you mean by Phase 1?

Go to housing portal and complete Phase 1 of housing application if you are planning on living on campus in the fall.

You’ll have to pay a nonrefundable deposit. Make sure you get all the way through the process where it sends you an email for Phase 2 process.

3 Likes

My daughter’s application was just moved to summer Gateway which would be perfect for her. Can anyone tell me how many students are admitted and how long it took to receive a decision once the application was moved to consideration for Gateway? thanks!