Tamu 2025 Gateway

For those of you who received Gateway as your decision, this threads for you. Ask questions, get to know each other, stress together etc. Hopefully this will help everyone get the answers they need as they happen

And welcome to Aggieland. This program is amazing. It’s built for success.

3 Likes

Thank you for creating this! My daughter is in the Gateway program and very excited! From my email to TAMU, they are being housed at White Creek for Summer II session and an email from Gateway will be sent out in March. We will need to apply for Fall/Spring housing. If anyone has any other information, we would love to hear it! Gig 'em!!

1 Like

They will be spoiled in white creek. It’s a great dorm/apt.

Thanks for providing the info.

Right now you’ll complete phase 1, is that correct (for housing)?

1 Like

My daughter was also accepted into Gateway last week. She was initially upset she was offered a provisional program but is slowly coming around. Thanks for the information about the students staying in White Creek this summer. Hopefully we can get more people on this forum to share additional information about this program! I have a ton of questions!

1 Like

Congrats to your daughter. This is truly a great program and while it may seem provisional, it’s the best option to get besides full admit. 5 weeks To get acclimated before anyone else. You get 6 credits out of the way and you only need a C average. It’s a small group so you already have a bond before the first day off Fall classes. And you register for the fall when you go to New student conference. You aren’t behind at all.

Yes, we completed Phase I. Phase II opens February 6th, I believe.

1 Like

Congrats to your daughter! We feel very blessed to be a part of Gateway and very happy about being introduced to this wonderful university slowly. I think it will be a positive experience for the kids and hopefully they will make connections with each other before heading to campus in the fall.

2 Likes

Hi there, do you mind sharing your daughter’s stats? If you don’t want to I won’t be offended. We’re still anxiously waiting.

@AggieMomhelp , is that the way housing app goes – Phase I, then wait two weeks for Phase II to open, etc.? I thought we could knock it all out at the same time.

Yep. They started the Phase process last year. When my son (Class of 2022) did it, we knocked out most of it and then in March/April, they got their time slot for selection which was end of April or early May.

1 Like

My daughter also received a Gateway offer and is excited for the opportunity. We didn’t know about housing at White creek, so thanks for that info, that’s pretty great! She does not plan on living on campus after the summer session so we didn’t fill out any housing info. Thanks @aggiemomhelp for setting up this group.

3 Likes

Does she have friends going and planning on living with them? My daughter will have to take her chances on the roommate matching and plan to live at White Creek for the fall, if she gets that choice.

Here is a group discord to pass along to your Gateway students. This way they can all get to know each other. My son joined one last year and met some really good friends. Congrats!

1 Like

My daughter wants to live in white creek too for the fall. She is excited about being housed there for the summer.

1 Like

Thanks for the discord information. I will get my daughter to join. My daughter wants to live in White Creek too in the fall. It looks really nice and definitely nicer than what I lived in freshman year at A&M way back in the 90s!

1 Like

My son lived in WC his freshman year in a 4 bedroom 2 bath. It is nice. Kitchen is huge, washer and dryer in your apartment. Furniture is typical but sturdy. Big window in living room to make it more open. My son loved it there.

And there is a White Creek Community Center that is like a smaller version of the MSC. There’s a food court, convenience store, study rooms, computer lab, music room, etc. Very nice and the parking is right there as well. It’s a walk but it’s not bad. Great shuttle bus system too!

2 Likes

That sounds awesome and perfect! So exciting! Hopefully White Creek doesn’t fill up before we all have to choose dorms

1 Like

I’m class of '95! Yup, housing is much better these days. Can’t believe what some of these kids live in off campus. It’s like a resort. Blows my mind.

1 Like

Total resort feel for sure. My daughter at the time told me… “you know you are setting me up for adult living disappointment” lol.

@LC2021 If you’re a single looking for a spot, you will have no issues. Even doubles can find a spot. My son looked with one person and then another one of their friends and a roomie (another friend, so 4 friends total), were able to get a 4 bedroom with no issues. None were auto/academic admits but my son did get accepted in the december wave. But still, plenty of rooms/buildings/floors!

1 Like

I sent the Discord info to my daughter to join last night. Hopefully she did. Her name is Quinn in case your daughter wants to find her on there.