Geneseo Dorming, suggestions, helpful tips

<p>Hi. I got accepted into Geneseo with the 3-4 Optometry program and I am moving from NYC. Any suggestions for dorms? Helpful tips? Suggestions? Anything?</p>

<p>Congrats on Geneseo. My daughter is going in the fall as well. I have visited the school only twice but from what I gather from a parents perspective Daga is the lively dorm with corridor rooms… Niagara houses alot of freshman. Wayne is more quiet this is what I hear. They are all on the south side where most freshman live. Join the facebook page if you havent…its a lively group <a href=“Geneseo Class of 2017 | Facebook”>Geneseo Class of 2017 | Facebook;
Monroe looked super nice too…Good Luck!</p>

<p>My son has been accepted into the Edgar Fellows program and is a Physics major, so he put Dante House (Wayne Hall) as his first choice. He will be busy with that major, so Dante house should be a good environment for him.</p>

<p>I highly recommend Onondaga hall for freshman because its a traditional dorm style building which encourages students make new friends. College is a tough transition for many students leaving home for the 1st time for an extended time. Being with many students in a similar situation makes it much easier. Most of the other dorms on campus are Suite Style which is more suitable for upperclassman who have already found their friends and study buddy’s. I think its is very healthy to encourage your incoming students to have a very open mind and not try to isolate them with like minded people and the same majors. My best friends all came from freshman year and we all had different backgrounds, interests and majors.</p>

<p>Dante House was my freshman dorm and i loved it. It is a corridor style freshman dorm, so it was easy to meet people and socialize in it. BUT, what made it special was that it was a small dorm on the south side of campus, with just honors, international and a few regular admit students. Being a smaller dorm, and most of us being there because we liked the studious environment, I felt like our dorm was more close knit than others. We also did house dinners and activities.
Most of the folks who lived in Dante my year, including myself stuck together all four years. I lived with the same small set of guys I met my first year there and they are truly lifelong friends. Overall, in terms of making really good friends, and also doing well in school Dante helped me with both.</p>