George Washington Regular Decision 2026

Daughter accepted to CAS with $25k. A relief after so many waitlists.

She also just got her full financial aid offer via a separate email.

Did anyone get their honors decision?

Congrats to all who were accepted. Good luck to those on the waitlist. To those declined admission, remember to love the school that loves you back.

8 Likes

Early/Regular: Regular
Major: 1st Undecided CA&S , 2nd Elliott School of International Affairs
GPA: 3.84 UW. 4.5 weighted
SAT/ACT: test optional
AP/Honors: several Honors classes 9th & 10th, all Honors & AP 11th& 12th.
Extra Hooks: 4 yr Team Captain Basketball & Lacrosse. 2 Year Unified Basketball Team (abled/disabled students). Leader Student Gov., Boys&Girls Club, regionally recognized/award for Volunteering in school/community. Academic award World Languages. Summer sports coach assistant for youth basketball. Band. Honor Society- music, Spanish, and National.

State Residency:MA
Date Notified: 3/28
Decision:Waitlisted

Accepted: UMASS Amherst, Univ of San Diego, Providence College, Rhodes, Univ RI, UCONN, Univ of New England, Temple, Stonehill

Waitlisted: Bucknell, Villanova, Holy Cross, George Washington

Rejected: Northeastern, Boston College, Boston University, UVA

Test optional probably didnā€™t help me with some of the more competitive schools. I was fortunate to get a lot of acceptances before all the more competitive school results started rolling in. If it had been the opposite I would have been severely stressed & bummed out!! Any rejection is still disappointing, even if you knew a school was a long shot. I thought I had a decent chance at GW (Villanova, Holy Cross), but knew there was stiff competition & unpredictable especially this year. I applied to WAY too many schools, but I guess it was a good mix/balance, and i have some great options. I have one more unlikely schools outstanding, AND SYRACUSE, but should switch to focusing on my options vs waiting.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and congratulations to those who received acceptances!!!

7 Likes

Update got the financial aid info via email - so happy now itā€™s possible!

2 Likes

You have some awesome options!

DD accepted school of B.

No aid except $5509 loan. First school acceptance with no scholarship offered. Ughh, but going to appeal. There are some legal docs I can provide to them to explain why we canā€™t afford the EFC. Trying to stay hopeful.

4 Likes

So your initial acceptance letter did not have a merit offer? Thatā€™s our situation.

Thank You!!!

I just wish the less exciting results had been a bit more interspersedā€¦itā€™s been a brutal couple of weeks :upside_down_face:

At least the waiting part of the process is about over. I did accept the GW Waitlist, but will obviously make another selection for May 1st.

3 Likes

Did people get rejected? Been seeing a lot of people getting waitlisted and want to know if there is an actual chance to get off. Rather then them just putting everyone on the waitlist.

1 Like

Did anyones letter include their major?

Yes, International Affairs. Or is that the schoolā€¦?

Mine didnā€™t just the school

2 Likes

You selected some great schools, congrats on your acceptances. You will succeed and do well wherever you choose.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

What does accepted to CAS mean?

College of Arts and Sciences

You have so many great options!

Thank you!!!

I do have a lot to be thankful for!!

2 Likes

Congrats! S22 accepted to honors program and very excited. Best wishes to everyone navigating this crazy process!

3 Likes

Accepted with great merit! Very thankful! Is housing guaranteed 4 years?

2 Likes