George Washington University RD 2021

Any emails this am?

@NHuffer - For GW to Snapchat at 9:30pm “getting ready to release decisions”, and a picture of “Welcome” and then “snapping” again at 11:30 …“check back tomorrow” …is absolutely cruel in my opinion. What did they think kids would do for the 2 hours in between?

I don’t honestly think they set out to be mean…I just don’t think they “think” at all…as in they don’t realize how for the many students for whom GW is their dream school, this wait is awful enough without the “tease”.

I wouldn’t complain, if at 9:30 they said “Getting ready to release, check back tomorrow”…but to wait 2 hours in the middle? They let all those kids who saw the “snap”, think they were releasing last night.

I don’t understand how anyone can be cool with that.

@flute1298 while I agree that not setting a date was pretty cruel, those two hours were not a big deal to me. I don’t think any student thought they would release decisions that late at night. At some point accusing schools of cruelty is overreacting

@drowning2021 - OK…maybe not cruel, but certainly not compassionate. Perhaps that is what I should have said…any school that expects me to pay $$$ to send my child there, I expect to have some compassion for this miserable process.

MY girls got 0 work done during those 2 hours last night…it was spent checking and rechecking the portal, texting classmates to see if theirs had been updated… perhaps, it is just my kids, but based on some of the posts last night, I don’t think so.
Hopefully it ends today.

@flute1298 You’re in a thread that is mostly high school seniors, as one of the few adults present you need to act like it. That means no lashing out at the college or calling them “cruel” and “inhumane”, you’re only putting a damper on our experience. If you have issues with how things are being handled you need to keep it to yourself, talk about in the parent thread, or take it up with the school, not add more stress to the students who are waiting to hear back.

@flute1298 Decisions will probably come out today, we’re all nervous, but either get a hobby or take a Xanax

What admissions did was fun and adorable and anticipatory - I took screen shots! For all waiting to hear, no matter what happens, they showed a fun display of modern admissions like every other school, but in G-Dub style. The hippo kills me!

@adlor21 - wow…not once have I said one mean thing to or about a person on this or any thread.

Yes, I have a gripe about the way admissions are being handled. I think they could do it, and I’ve seen other schools do it in a much more compassionate way.

My comments come from a place of support for all of the Seniors who are going through this. And yes, I am hoping that an admissions counselor will see these (I know these forums are monitored) and give pause to how it is handled.

Telling me to take a Xanax was uncalled for…

Hey now let’s not let trigger fingers turn to college confidential fingers. Let’s all just look forward to the impending decisions! We’re a team here, after all.

@flute1298 my comment wasn’t a recommendation, your negative comments aren’t welcome and should be taken elsewhere, “supportive of seniors” or not, your statements are unproductive and generally hurtful to the morale of students. Start a new thread to continue this discussion if you wish, but please give us a space free of drama to await decisions

@flute1298 Yes, but what’s also uncalled for is calling a college “cruel” just because they’re not releasing decisions when YOU want them to. They’re an institution that has to process thousands of applications. They have not been specific on when exactly they’re releasing decisions but it’s for sure that it’s before April 1. You can wait another few days.

As a parent, you don’t have the responsibility of worrying about being accepted into a college. What you are responsible for is supporting your child wherever they go.

Also, let it be noted that decisions are definitely coming out today. Confirmed by an email from the admissions office

@Raelte Yaaaaas girl

@Raelte what did the email say?

this was a correspondence between a friend and her regional director of admissions
"… Until we release our admissions decisions later today you will not be able to access financial aid award information.

I hope that this has been helpful and the wait is almost over."

@Raelte - last time I checked, you are not the moderator of this forum…

That being said, let’s hope everyone gets favorable decisions today!

@queenbe12 no i wasnt able to, was anyone else able to?

I am saddened by the disrespectful and inappropriate behavior of some High School seniors towards parents in some of these forums. Parents have a right to be on these forums and have have a right to vent about this rediculously long and stressful college application process. Good luck to all and just challenge yourself to treat others in a respectful and polite manner. That really is what is most important in life.

No I was not able to create an account

Does anyone know if GW releases decisions all at once or rolls them out over several hours?