George Washington University Transfer

Perhaps that’s their way of accepting more students. Michigan Ross doesn’t even start looking at your application till June lol

I would love to go to GWU, but I also don’t want to drag this out longer than it has to. If I hear back from another top choice before, I may just have to pull the trigger on it and get this process over with for my own mental health lol.

I want to hear back like now, possibly at this time lol

we’ll prob here next week or something

Wow this thread is v dead. Hey @mishk90, the deadline is April 15th, so wouldn’t decisions start rolling out after the 15th? (Also, I see you applied to both NYU and GW too, lol.)

I wrote hear instead of here omg, lol! But yes this thread isn’t hype at all- and probably, I just wish i could hear now

I feel you. When did you get everything checked off on your portal? I just submitted my app a few days ago and it still has everything as “not complete” but I’ve got my HS transcripts and college transcripts already sent out, all I need to send is the college report. I have a feeling it may take a bit to see the portal update.

It’s been a while for me since everything’s been checked off for me, like probably back in February

So checking last year’s thread, I believe people started hearing back on April 4th. So maybe we will start hearing back has April progresses.

I hope so. Is it true that GW is NOT needblind?

@TransferFall2018 @mishk90 WAIT. GW accepted transfers as early as April 4th? I was told by an admissions representative decisions go out in late may/early june… this is a happy surprise as I was expecting to hear from GW last… also nice to see you guys here lol

@msport Looking at last years, it seems like people were hearing back starting next week.

And GW has a reputation for not being need-blind.

@Vincent1997 so, from what i understand, the actual people who look at your application and do the accepting/denying cannot see whether or not you need financial aid, however, once they have made their initial decisions, any admitted transfers who need it are sent to the financial aid office. The people over there take a look, then get back to admissions and are essentially like, “Yo, you guys admitted x amount of students that need aid, but at this point in the process, we only have y amount of funds. So at this point we could give them all subpar financial aid awards, or you have to cut some of these kids.”

So, essentially, yes and no. They are initially need blind, unless they need to become need aware further down the line.

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining it :slight_smile:

@TransferFall2018 Woah, really? Usually it seems like Universities wait till the deadline has passed and then start rolling out decisions and deadline is the 15th. That’s cool to hear. Can you link the thread you were looking at for last year’s transfers?

@niiniin It depends. Some Universities with rolling admissions do it before the deadline. Fordham’s deadline, for example, is June 1 (or something like that) and decisions are already out.

@niiniin http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/20527851/#Comment_20527851

So we could get decisions by Thursday!?

@Vincent1997

Some of us, yeah! I think its a possibility

@Vincent1997 @TransferFall2018 have you receive an email with that information, or you are just assuming due to past years??