George Washington University Transfer

Due to past years

Does anyone remember how long it took for GW to receive their HS and college transcripts?

about 2 weeks until they updated @niiniin

does anyone have a twitter?

ya

You or anyone who has twitter should tag GWadmissions and ask when transfers are hearing back, cause I would like to know before June- and I’m sure all of us want to know before then too

@mishk90 Hmm. I’ll probably wait until April 15, as in past years decisions have started rolling out the first couple weeks in April. I don’t think there’s much we can do though, I’ve talked to plenty of people who didn’t hear back until late May… early June… even early July lmao. Idk why GW does that.

BU released their decisions basically right on schedule compared to last year’s posts in the 2017 transfer thread. We will see if GW does tomorrow I guess.

I just got off the phone with GW admissions, and I told them how last year they were released pretty early (some of them) and the lady said not to count on hearing soon…I asked if we would hear before June and she said if it says June online then stick to that… -_-

yep lol, @mishk90 GW sucks for this. I literally am so against how late they wait to release decisions it’s like they’re the only school that exists : - (

but I’ve also pretty much gathered admissions office people are only allowed to say the official noted deadline on the website, as they have no control or access to when these first rounds get released early when they do - it’s pretty unpredictable for all of us besides the adcom eh?

Meh sometimes admissions are pretty unhelpful lol

I am not saying you are wrong at all about what she said, but sometimes people in Admissions have to “stick to a script.” It honestly could be a while until we all hear, but there were times when I was applying to schools as a freshman where they had pre-formed answers that ended up not exactly following what happened (ie. hearing sooner than they said I would). So hopefully it will be sooner than June, regardless if the website and the Admissions counselor are saying it will most likely be that time.

Nah. A lot of schools like UIUC, USC etc… released decisions wayyyyy before the official date (even though admissions said the contrary). On the other hand, some counselors actually give hints. For Madison they actually told people to look for a decision within the next few days. Bottom line, it depends on the school policy. GW seems to keep it silent.

To add on to what others have said about admissions: I got my acceptance from OSU mid-February while when I called to ask when I’d find out they said about mid to late March. So, clearly, admissions doesn’t like to get hopes up about an early decision - but it definitely does happen.

I just went through this thread and realized I have no hope. I just turned in my GW application today, so I’m obviously going to be hearing back much much later than you guys. Does anyone know how long it takes them to release financial aid awards after admission decisions?

@Morgan212 Based off of what I remember from last year’s thread, it seems they release FA packages alongside admissions decisions.
If you don’t get your FA package with your admissions decisions, you could maybe contact the FA office?

does anybody know if they will release some decisions today? are we supposed to get an email or just keep looking at the portal?

i wouldn’t expect to hear anything today

why? @msport

@clan123 gw releases most transfer decisions really late april-june