Graduating with a Bachelors and a Masters?

<p>I was accepted to the University of Alabama for the Fall 2015 school year, and I was just wondering how to get admitted into the program where I can graduate with both a BA and a MBA. Also, do they offer this program for education majors?</p>

<p>Any help would be great!</p>

<p>I think you are talking about University scholars. DS started in it this year, his Junior. I know he had to take the GRE last year in preparation for applying. Not sure if it is offered for Education majors or not, you will have to look that up.</p>

<p>Just search for University Scholars on the Alabama page.</p>

<p>Don’t you mean the STEM to MBA Program?</p>

<p>sorry…I just saw the “Education” Major…never mind</p>

<p>Okay, I will look that up. Thank you!</p>

<p>There is currently a limited number of undergraduate majors where students can earn an MBA at the same time through the STEM MBA program. Education majors are not included in this list.</p>

<p>What type of education major were you considering. If math or science education, consider majoring in math or science and taking additional courses to get any required teaching credentials.</p>

<p>There are two separate programs:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Stem-MBA. Do a STEM degree in 4 years and an MBA in 1 additional year. </p></li>
<li><p>University Scholars- Graduate with BS and MS in 4 years. </p></li>
</ol>

<p>My thoughts: I considered both (was invited to join both), but chose STEM-MBA. University Scholars is a TON of work and really only practical if you’re an economics/finance/accounting major. Otherwise the course load is impractically high. </p>

<p>STEM-MBA is nice because there is one additional year, meaning one doesn’t have to cram so much into 4 years. </p>

<p>Be advised - the STEM MBA means after you finish your UG, you attend summer-full year-summer to complete MBA degree. My daughter is a freshman (studying civil eng, in honors, and STEM MBA) - she has 1.5 hour class in the MBA program this semester. They extend an invitation to students before Bama Bound to apply, and they accepted 300 students this year, and over 400 applied. So hopefully if you are OOS and in this program, you can establish yourself as a resident during the years of UG so completing the cost of the MBA can be with in-state tuition. I have a MBA myself - took all my business courses at the graduate level (50 hours) so the UA STEM MBA program is efficient to obtain a MBA.</p>