Green Bear Lofts, 919 Greensboro Ave, Tuscaloosa (Off Campus Student Housing)

<p>I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of or experience with this new off campus housing complex and could speak to things like the living experience, management company, and general safety of the area. Thank you for your insights.</p>

<p>It is so new. Don’t know if anyone here has a child staying there. It’s kind of a distance, I’m guessing it has some kind of bus service to campus? What about other transportation needs (weekends, shopping, etc)? Would a student need to have a car to stay there?</p>

<p>The area is considered to be safe, but all areas can be risky if out walking around late at night…so that should always be avoided. </p>

<p>Yes, not walking distance to UA, but definitely bikable for daily commuting to class. Downtown Tuscaloosa is up-and-coming as the place for the few unmarried, young-professionals that live in Tuscaloosa to be. There is no grocery store in walking distance though.</p>

<p>There is a free bus to campus every half hour from the Downtown Intermodal Building 2 blocks way. 348-Ride would also drop off there on nights and weekends. A car would be highly suggested though.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>I would be concerned about biking down University Blvd between Green Bear Lofts and campus. I’d have to look again, but I’d be concerned that the road is too narrow there to safely accommodate bikers and cars.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>This is very true. And, I suspect that once more apts and condos go in there, a smallish grocery (maybe a mom and pop) would open. Seems like a great opportunity for some butcher/grocery small business to open there.</p>

<p>Ever since the new Federal Courthouse opened there, Downtown has just been brimming with activity…new restaurants, new shops, new apts, new condos, etc. </p>

<p>For daily commuting to campus from that complex, I would actually think Bryant Dr. would be used more than University. But University definitely needs bike lanes all the way from downtown to Alberta City.</p>

<p>You’re right. I forgot that it’s closer to Bryant Drive. I haven’t traveled on Bryant in that area; is the road narrow/busy?</p>

<p>It’s not as busy as University and IIRC it has bike lanes. </p>