GW Transfer - Fall 2017

I didn’t get a scholarship

How is GW WITH NEED BASED AID?

I was accepted today! I’m a Political Science Major from a California CC. I also reviewed my financial aid and it’s not as generous as I hoped. I’m still looking at about 19,000/per year, so it’s definitely something I need to decide on.

I think they’re highly generous when it narrows down to need-based aid. I know a family friend who received $43,220 in need-based aid and another $25,000 for a merit-based scholarship; $68,220 total. However, she turned down the offer for another school.

i don’t have a GWid to access that page. how do we check if we received a merit scholarship? @WhoTouchedMyTaco

Log in to your student portal account, the one you just used in order to see your decision. On the top of the page, if you got accepted, it’ll say something like “Congratulations, (Your Name)”. Right under it is your GWID. Open up another tab and paste this URL in for the Gweb:

https://banweb.gwu.edu/PRODCartridge/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

If it’s your first ever time logging in on the GWeb…here’s how you input your log in information:

User ID: GWID (copy from your student portal and paste it here)
Password: Your birthday in MMDDYY format (010190 for example for January 1st, 1990)

how do we get out GWid?

nevermind

From my personal experience, my merit-based scholarship was listed on my decision letter. There’s five scholarships that transfer students can qualify for:

(1) Alpha Beta Gamma Scholarship
(2) Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
(3) National Society of Collegiate Scholars Scholarship
(4) Transfer Engineering Scholarship
(5) Scottish Rite Scholarship

@WhoTouchedMyTaco i don’t have a financial aid tab on that site. is there any other way to check if we received merit aid? or is it safe to assume we didn’t if it wasn’t on the acceptance letter

You most definitely should. Right when you log in to the GWeb, here’s what it should look like:

http://imgur.com/a/e0muL

What i see is personal information menu, gw alert login portal, and admissions. I’ve clicked on everything and none have really shown much. It may be because i didn’t apply for financial aid? @WhoTouchedMyTaco

I think if you didn’t apply for financial aid, then that might be the reason why you’re not seeing that information on your GWeb.

Did you file your FAFSA, CSS Profile(s), W-2s, tax returns, etc?

accepted today! is there an accepted student fb group?

no i didnt @WhoTouchedMyTaco

Ya. That’s probably why. If I were you, I’d submit that FAFSA and CSS Profile ASAP! Right after that, send in your parent(s) tax return(s), W-2s or 1099s, your W-2s or 1099s, and your tax return.

I’d call in their admissions office tomorrow to inquire about merit-based scholarships as well. Go to https://undergraduate.admissions.gwu.edu/scholarships and see if you qualify for any transfer scholarships. Check the “Transfer Applicants” tab.

i am actually not applying for financial aid because i don’t qualify, i just wanted to see if perhaps i was given a merit scholarship. thanks for helping me out @WhoTouchedMyTaco

i didnt realize they were all so specific. don’t qualify for any of them

No problem, and best of luck to you!