Harvard Class of 2027 Official Thread

Even if others for people from the same country went out earlier?

I Hope so but for one interviewer to send It a week earlier than the other isn’t too much time difference?

Yes

1 Like

Guys, please understand- Interview or no interview some selective colleges like Yale, Harvard, Stanford receive application in 1000’s. See in any big regions in Untied States if they interview 1000 hardly 20or 30 may be picked. SO if a student feels happy about interview they can ,but ultimately did they get in? See when our of 800 interview they can select only 30, what is the point of gloating that you got an interview?
For International it will all about availabitity of alumni. Do not fret or lose hope. Apply everywhere , do your best. Will it matter if one colleges take you and other doesnt? If a student got only Stanford and not Yale would it matter?
You worked hard and hard work never fails. There are AO working round the clock during this season. There are many who might drag you down but keep your spirit high. For international students please understand interview may not be possible that doesnt mean you are out. Wait, do your part. No speculation please

3 Likes

This is correct. Alums can specify how many interviews they can take on in a given year. This year, they seem to be short on people, because they reached out to folks who graduated from the grad programs rather than the College to do interviews. I don’t think that happened in previous years; at least, I don’t personally know of anyone from the grad schools who was asked to do College interviews before this year. Maybe they’re short because they have so many more applicants due to test optional.

It has

I do

I’d read nothing into it

Just a quick caveat for domestic applicants that IVP ratings are not used by all regions to select interview candidates, and that the difference between a 1IVP and, say, a 3IVP, might not be what one might assume (for example, that a 1IVP necessarily has a better chance of admission than a 3IVP.) It is also pertinent to keep in mind that no matter the interview priority, the chance of admission at each rating is still very low.

3 Likes

Wow. Do you have any information on how many they accept from Central Asia? There are only few people got accepted in my country so maybe regional numbers would give me some sliver of hope

I don’t have any information on how many are accepted from any country, but Harvard publishes how many are attending by country. Select students and Harvard College

https://www.hio.harvard.edu/statistics

2 Likes

I somehow skipped it. Thank you

FYI - I reviewed the 2025 RA thread and found out that a candidate got an interview request on March 4th for a March 5th interview slot

2 Likes

Was the candidate local or international?

Canada if that helps!

Do you have similar info also for the other Ivies? Usually Universities put internationals in a big/unique basket, but this is not cristal clear

Not to that level of detail

My daughter is a Regular Decision applicant in GA and just got an email to schedule her in-person interview with Alumna.

5 Likes

Is there a deadline to the interview report?

May I ask when she submitted her application?

RD application submitted in December.

Still no interview in Dallas, Tx. Losing hope.

2 Likes