Has anyone heard from schools yet?

<p>Keep us posted on her decision! She has some great choices!</p>

<p>charlieschm—Thank you! She is definitely in love with UVA! I am visiting the UVA forums daily…great help! </p>

<p>My relative was accepted to U of OR and LoyolaMU, so far. </p>

<p>Hi Guys! Just found out D was accepted to UConn for nursing! So many awesome options. When we started, we were both hoping that she would at least get into 2 colleges so she could have a choice. So far…no rejections. (But going to assume will be rejected from Northeastern and Villanova).</p>

<p>We need to get a chart going!</p>

<p>Congrats to your daughter Cake! So many great choices! Keep us posted on the final decision.</p>

<p>Got into UCONN!</p>

<p>No one wanted to venture down to the " Upper South / Middle South " ? :wink:
Go further down than U of Del ? </p>

<p>We are here in Virginia. We have got tons of 2+ 2 programs here perfect for those who enjoy
an " added-stress-omg-we-have-to-apply-again-in-2-yrs " folks ;)</p>

<p>Even though we only applied to 2 schools ( I know what you are saying… what ?! !? ) &
got into one already with merit + honor.
I am really excited to hear that everyone else got all these wonderful acceptances. It really is so great to hear about acceptances. Hope all the fin aid packages will be great too so you can pick & choose the one that is best for you.</p>

<p>Unlikely letter from TCNJ for D today. :frowning: Was a contender, but oh well!</p>

<p>oh well…forget that school then, your D has lots of great choices & any one of these schools will be happy to have her ! </p>

<p>@flowerMom - agreed and thank you! BTW, I love your picture. And kudos to you for 2 schools. I was afraid she wouldn’t get into schools (not because she isnt absolutely amazing!) because nursing is so hard…so I convinced her to apply to a bunch…just in case, LOL.</p>

<p>@dessie411 - btw…congrats into getting into UConn!!!</p>

<p>I got accepted to the nursing program in Northeastern and SUNY Binghamton</p>

<p>@Pumpkin96 - That is SO AWESOME! Congratulations!!!</p>

<p>@kayyx3dee–Hey how was your UConn tour? We are going there this month for regular tour and signed up for accepted day (but might not go to that…afraid it might be too many people?).</p>

<p>OK, had a few minutes to make an acceptance chart. Feel free to edit if I got something wrong or you need to add. Just COPY AND PASTE the whole thing so we can keep it current. Go future caretakers of the world!!</p>

<p>Belmont U—HighAltitude
Case Western Reserve— Jkm0478’s D
Colby Sawyer—dessie411, tiggrsbride’s D
Creighton— HighAltitude
DeSales U—Cake’s D
Drexel— HighAltitude
Duquesne—fhgirl22
Endicott— Collegetiger
Fairfield—MomtoKTandJ
Fordam U (non-nursing)— kayyx3dee
Gonzaga— HighAltitude, trossi2121
Indiana U—Teekarex
Loyola MU—Himom’s relative
Massachusetts School of Pharmacy— tiggrsbride’s D
Messiah U—Cake’s D
Mount St. Mary’s— fhgirl22
Northeastern—Pumpkin96
Norwich U— Jkm0478’s D
Quinnipiac U—Cake’s D, kayyx3dee, tiggrsbride’s D
Regis— tiggrsbride’s D
Salem State— Collegetiger
Salve Regina— MomtoKTandJ , kayyx3dee
Seattle U— HighAltitude
St. Anselm— mtlakes’ D, dessie411
Simmons— Collegetiger, tiggrsbride’s D
SUNY Binghamton—Pumpkin96
U Alabama Tusculoosca—Teekarex
U Connecticut—dessie411, Cake’s D
U Delaware—Cake’s D, l8rg8r
U Maine Orono—Jkm0478’s D, MomtoKTandJ
U Massachusetts Amherst—mtlakes’ D, dessie411, tiggrsbridge’s D
U Massachusetts Dartmouth— tiggrsbride’s D
U Massachusetts Lowell— mtlakes’ D
U MV— MomtoKTandJ
U New Hampshire— Jkm0478’s D, MomtoKTandJ, tiggrsbride’s D
U NE— tiggrsbride’s D
U Oregon—HImom’s relative
U Pittsburgh— Jkm0478’s D (Bradford), fhgirl22, trossi2121
U Portland— HighAltitude
U Rhode Island— tiggrsbride’s D
U San Francisco— HighAltitude
U Scranton—Cake’s D
U Tampa—Teekarex
U Virginia—Anxious4Results’ D
U VM—Teekarex
Worcester State— mtlakes’ D, Collegetiger
Xavier— HighAltitude
FlowerMom—2+2 school</p>

<p>Great work Cake! That is a very organized list! I hope to see lots more names and colleges added when the March acceptances come out. Thanks for taking the time to put the list together.</p>

<p>Congratulations Pumpkin96! Those are both great options! Cake, does your daughter have a strong first choice? Dessie, is UConn challenging UMass for your attendance?</p>

<p>@tiggrsbride - Thanks for the thanks! I think it’s fun to see where everyone’s interest is. We’ll have to do another chart after everyone commits…that will be really fun!</p>

<p>Yes, my D really loves Quinnipiac but definitely keeping an open mind for UDel, UConn (visiting again soon!), and Scranton at this point. Since prob rejected to TCNJ, that is falling to bottom. Waiting on Villanova and Northeastern which will both get major consideration if accepted, but Villanova is so expensive it probably will go off list and Northeastern will be a top contender if costs are equal (but we expect it to be too expensive).</p>

<p>Shocking so far that Quinnipiac comes out the cheapest! I always thought a state/public school would end up that way, but here is a private school everyone says is too expensive, yet they gave D the most $$. It ends up only being a smidge more than our in-state public. And…they asked her to apply to honors college, so that’s another plus. </p>

<p>How about you? I think you mentioned UMass Amherst as #1 (getting a little jumbled in my mind after that chart, LOL!)</p>

<p>Your D has good choices! Northeastern and Villanova are known for not offering great aid, but hopefully you will have a different experience. I am glad to hear that Quinnipiac was generous. If I remember correctly, your D really liked it there. </p>

<p>My D is ready to commit to UMass Amherst. I want to see the financial packages for a couple of the programs that she applied to and got great merit from first. She has sent off a number of not interested letters, freeing up slots for other nursing admits. I expect to send the deposit within the next couple of weeks. Keep us posted! </p>

<p>@tiggrsbride - Same for us. D really is ready to commit to Quinnipiac, but we keep talking about it and trying to hold off until the others come in, any additional financials, and second visits on accepteds…just in case. We sent off a kind and appreciative “no thanks” to Messiah and DeSales so that they can open slots, but we were so happy that she was accepted to them. Agree on Villa and Northeastern lack of aid, so it will be an honor to be accepted but she probably wont be able to attend.</p>

<p>I have a question for everyone:
I know you will be looking into : locations / strength of programs + clinical sites / cost / etc
when you choose which school to go to.
Do you need to know if the nursing students will be taking classes ** with the pre-med students *** ?
Do you know if those schools you are considering offer " separate " Chemistry & Biology classes just for nursing students only?
Is this a factor that you are also considering when you choose a program? or is this not a factor at all?</p>

<p>Those classes are usually large ( hundreds in a class in a lecture hall ) & it is very hard to get even a B ( a Cminus if you are lucky! ) …& will pull down the GPA & will potentially cause a student to loose the merit scholarship.</p>

<p>Those classes are usually filled with super-competitive-Pre-Med students with hard grading curve.</p>