Has anyone looked at your student's meal plan balance

<p>i don’t think our rollover meals got rolled over.</p>

<p>They did, they just aren’t totalled with the meals from this semester. On the ACT card account, when you click on the “Board” tab, its default is to show you the meals for the Spring semester. Under the heading “Board Plan Summary,” if you change the “Select Board Plan:” to last semester, it will show you the meals remaining from that semester. Under “Board Plan Information,” the status of that previous semester should still say “Active.”</p>

<p>Kind of a hassle, really. I think the site is way more confusing than it was last semester.</p>

<p>ok … we were wondering if that might be the case. what a silly way to do it.</p>

<p>Wow Joyeux. Don’t know how you figured that out. I went looking for this info the other day and gave up. Just checked now using your instructions and son had 73 meals left over from the fall semester.</p>

<p>randomparent - get that boy to use the dining hall as a grocery store! go every few days and get cereal/milk fruit etc. something!</p>

<p>at that rate he is going to be wasting about $1000 (or more) of his meal plan money!</p>

<p>^^^LOL, like we did last year :)</p>

<p>So meals roll over as well as the $300 in dining dollars each semester?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Meals roll over from Fall to Spring…but not from Spring to Fall.</p>

<p>My son used all his dining dollars and all his meals. I guess he is doing lots of eating on campus.</p>

<p>3kids - if he ends up running short at the end of the semester, tell him to pay for breakfast with cash (or DD or BC idk which) but use the meals for dinner which is more expensive.</p>

<p>i think you are the first person i have heard of that made it thru all the meal plan meals.</p>

<p>^^MikeW, I like your suggestion and will pass it along to son. He could just do a carryout of fruit and cereal. He just isn’t a big eater.</p>

<p>I’ve been telling D to use the to go boxes to get carry out food, but apparently she’s not doing a great job…still had 91 meals left from the fall semester! Also had over $200 left in dining dollars, but that doesn’t bother me since she can get that back.</p>

<p>He said he started doing the late omelet bar or whatever is around 11:00 p.m. He also likes the food at the athletic dining hall, but I think he only went there Fridays for lunch so it wouldn’t be 2 credits. Thanks, mike. That makes sense!</p>

<p>Here is a great link from bama dining. I’m sending it to my S who had 95 meals left last semester!</p>

<p><a href=“http://bamadining.ua.edu/information/Creative-Meal-Plans.pdf[/url]”>http://bamadining.ua.edu/information/Creative-Meal-Plans.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>i knew that page was out there, wake. but i couldn’t find it to link it yesterday.</p>

<p>even though those seem like odd ways to use a meal plan, IMO it would be better to try to get some use out of the meal plan dollars rather than none at all.</p>

<p>my daughter switched to the 90 meal plan this year and that is about right for her. a few leftover meals, but not a whole lot. 50 would be not near enough since she eats lunch on campus most every day.</p>

<p>DD lives in the sorority house. She has no meal plan. We use the $300 dining dollars and then give her $500 Bama bucks. The sorority feeds her Monday thru Thursday breakfast, lunch and dinner and Friday breakfast and lunch. In the Fall on Games Days she gets a meal on Saturday. Even when she did not live in the house we did this plan. I know Freshmen will have to have the Greek 50 but when your kiddos become sophomores I’d recommend this. The Greek kids my D knows do not eat in the dining hall at all. They have the option of having their sorority/fraternity pack them a lunch and for late night classes they can get a “late plate”. Mike…since your daughter is “living in” next year y’all should remember this.</p>

<p>My D is not greek & does not having a dining plan at all this year. She does go through all her dining dollars as she picks up sushi 1-2/week at the Ferg plus a salad or two, but otherwise she cooks for herself (huzzah for Publix on campus) and has 1-2 dinners out per week. I deposit $300 in her account on the 1st of each month & that’s her budget. So far it’s worked out great not only in terms of her having much healthier food choices but also in terms of her awareness of budgeting, planning and how much stuff really costs. One of the funniest conversations I have ever had with her was when she called and was ranting about the cost of the 6 oz container of Feta cheese at Publix vs. the 24 oz version she could get at Costco…</p>

<p>yes, ahphimommy - i have already thought about this. may daughter doesn’t complain about the meal plan food too much. i would hope that the sorority house food would be kind of a step up. : )</p>

<p>Robd, we didn’t get a meal plan this year either. I make sure D has $$ on her bama cash, and between that and dining dollars it has worked fine. She can even use her card at Publix.</p>

<p>I really like that I can check her balance any time and can add money as necessary with my debit card online and it is immediately available to her.</p>