Help a Student in Need!

<p>Nationality: African-American
GPA : 3.73 (unweighted now, but had a 3.78 when I submitted my applications) , 4.105 (weighted)
SAT: 610 CR, 600 M, 650 W
SAT II : 680 Bio-M, 660 USH, 640 Math I (could have done better but can't do anything about it now)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:</p>

<pre><code> Cricket Club
Christian Club
Varsity Soccer
Volunteer at the library
Scholastic Bowl
Mentor
Manager of JV Boys Volleyball
</code></pre>

<p>What are my chances at the following schools:</p>

<pre><code> American University
Syracuse University
Princeton University
Dartmouth University
University of Virginia
</code></pre>

<p>For the top schools your chances look slim, I am not sure of the competitiveness of American or Syracuse so i would advise you to look at the admitted student profile and see how you stack up, that would probably give you a better picture of your chances.</p>

<p>I could actually see you getting into Dartmouth. Good chances at your other schools as well (except for Princeton... but who knows?).</p>

<p>yayayyayayyaayya</p>

<p>You'll have no problem getting admitted to Syracuse and American. You have a good shot at UVa and Dartmouth is also a possibility. Princeton, however, is a crap shoot for anyone.</p>

<p>Are you in-state for UVA?</p>

<p>No, I live in Illinois.</p>

<p>I live in Illinois too and was accepted to UVA with similar stats. I'd say you have a good chance of getting into there.</p>

<p>bumping up...</p>

<p>Don't worry so much about your SAT II scores. They are very good, and more than adequate for most places.</p>

<p>I think that you have better than good chances for American and Syracuse, and pretty good chances at the University of Virginia OOS. Dartmouth will be a bit more of a reach for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got in. Princeton is a crapshoot for anyone, but you have solid stats so I don't think it's unrealistic to apply.</p>

<p>bumping up...</p>

<p>Princeton is the only one I see as a real tossup/problem. </p>

<p>UVA acceptance rate for URM af-AMs is 45+ percent...geez your profile is plenty good enough for them. My sis graduated from there and her profile was close to yours but not as strong. </p>

<p>Not sure about Dartmouth.</p>

<p>bumping up...</p>

<p>bumping up...</p>

<p>bumping up...way up</p>

<p>I need some more input please. Thanks a lot.</p>

<p>bumping up...way up</p>

<p>bumping...</p>

<p>i think there's a 60% chance you will get into dartmouth, but who knows hehe. american college = safety. and you should be in at UVA as they love URM's with 600+ SAT scores but the only thing that could be to your disadvantage is your state residency. I'm not sure how hard it is out of state, but I know that UVA in-state is pretty sweet.</p>

<p>chances:</p>

<p>American-"High"
Syracuse-"High"
Princeton-"Medium"
Dartmouth-"Medium"
UVA-"High"</p>

<p>Just sit back and relax, wherever you're meant to go, you will go :)</p>