Help me with a few scholarship questions?

<p>I have a few different questions.
I currently just made the cut off for the full engineering scholarship. If I accept this award, and attend UA, what gpa must I maintain? Is it the standard 3.0?
Second, if I fall below the gpa requirement, is my entire scholarship taken away and I am forced to pay full tuition?
Third, if I go to UA and after my sophomore year decide I don’t want to major in an engineering discipline, would I have to pay back any of the scholarship I have received from the engineering department, and then switch to a new college within UA?</p>

<p>And finally, is UA flexible with negotiating scholarships at this point in time for the 2012-2013 year? My CR and math scores were 1370 on my best single sitting, which puts me 30 points below what I would need for the full tuition scholarship to any other departments besides engineering. However, I have a 4.0 UW high school gpa, 4.3 weighted, and I scored an 800 in the writing section of the SAT, as well as having some unique extracurriculars. Is there any possibility that they could extend my full tuition scholarship to the university as a whole, rather than making it exclusive to engineering? (In case I am unhappy after first semester or something). </p>

<p>I know I included a lot of questions, and some of them might sound a little annoying or paranoid. Please don’t read into them, I just want to fully understand what my options are and what the possible consequences will be if I fall below the requirements at any point in my time at the school. </p>

<p>Thanks a lot!</p>

<h2>I currently just made the cut off for the full engineering scholarship. If I accept this award, and attend UA, what gpa must I maintain? Is it the standard 3.0?</h2>

<p>. 3.0 GPA</p>

<p>=======
Second, if I fall below the gpa requirement, is my entire scholarship taken away and I am forced to pay full tuition? </p>

<hr>

<p>You need to bring it up by the end of the school year. So, if you got a 2.9 for Fall, then you’d need a higher GPA for spring so that the average is a 3.0 GPA. (Others can correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s another mom told me who had the same concern.)</p>

<p>=============</p>

<p>Third, if I go to UA and after my sophomore year decide I don’t want to major in an engineering discipline, would I have to pay back any of the scholarship I have received from the engineering department, and then switch to a new college within UA?</p>

<hr>

<p>No, you don’t pay back the eng’g scholarship. However, you will lose the eng’g scholarship for future semesters. So, if your university scholarship is 2/3, then that’s what you’d get in the future.</p>

<p>============</p>

<h2>And finally, is UA flexible with negotiating scholarships at this point in time for the 2012-2013 year? My CR and math scores were 1370 on my best single sitting, which puts me 30 points below what I would need for the full tuition scholarship to any other departments besides engineering. However, I have a 4.0 UW high school gpa, 4.3 weighted, and I scored an 800 in the writing section of the SAT, as well as having some unique extracurriculars. Is there any possibility that they could extend my full tuition scholarship to the university as a whole, rather than making it exclusive to engineering? (In case I am unhappy after first semester or something). </h2>

<p>A 30 point difference may not seem like much, but it is what it is. A 1370 doesn’t qualify for full tuition. If you want full tuition, retest to get that 1400.</p>

<p>Very helpful answers. The final question was the most important to me, and now I see UA is intransigent in their offers (which are already quite generous).
Thanks. Hopefully others will use this as a reference.</p>