Help with nursing schools?

<p>and i just got deferred from northeastern UGH!!! does anyone know how their nursing program works, like if they defer a lot of people early too?</p>

<p>Seems Like you have applied to ALL the same schools as my daughter!!!..She was denied at Pitt and Penn, accepted to Drexel and Dusquesne…deferred at Villanova…still waiting on Northeastern/Fairfield/U Mass-Amhearst/Penn State…</p>

<p>D was accepted in to Quinnipiac’s nursing program. Can anyone offer any opinions?</p>

<p>rejected from boston college- oh well, case westerns nursing program is higher ranked anyways!</p>

<p>

Great program and 1600 clinical hours that begin in the 3rd week of their first semester. I’m sure your daughter will be very happy there.</p>

<p>I didn’t think undergraduate nursing programs were “ranked”. Aren’t any “rankings” only applicable to graduate programs?</p>

<p>^^^^
Yes. The Nursing graduate rankings are what most people are referring to as “rankings”. It is mostly about reputation, how much NIH research money is being spent in the nursing programs and an increased chance of attending one of the top ranked nursing graduate programs after undergrad. Just my opinion…</p>

<p>I applied to qunnipiac also because I know someone who went through the nursing program there and loved it. I’ve also heard the school In general has great acadmeics</p>

<p>Thanks Kelso17. Have you decided where you will be going yet?</p>

<p>(D is still waiting for some other decisions (including merit), but Quinnipiac is in her top 5.)</p>

<p>I’m almost positive i’m going to uconn!</p>

<p>When did you hear back from UConn? I applied a couple months ago and I am starting to get nervous!</p>

<p>daughter accepted to Fairfield Univ…cha-ching…awaiting word on U Mass…deferred at 'Nova and Northeastern…accepted to Drexel and Duquesne…denied at Penn and Pitt</p>

<p>Applied Only As Nursing Major:</p>

<p>D got in to Seton Hall with lots of merit $$.</p>

<p>Also got in to University of Scranton with merit $$ .</p>

<p>Got in to U Maine (oos) and really likes it.</p>

<p>Quinnipiac didn’t offer merit $$ unless it comes in separate package. </p>

<p>(Merit will be consideration because we won’t qualify for FA, and she wants to go to graduate school.)</p>

<p>deferred: Northeastern, UVM</p>

<p>accepted safeties: URI, Widener ($), Colby-Sawyer ($)</p>

<p>Thoughts?</p>

<p>based on schools only(not adding merit $$ factors) i think Quinnipiac is the best choice of those accepted…</p>

<p>Though Northeastern is best of deferred/accepted</p>

<p>1sokkermom ~ congratulations on your D’s acceptances! If you have any questions about Scranton, feel free to ask. I have one that graduated from there and one there now (although neither were nursing majors). Both love their time there!</p>

<p>Thank you kitty56!</p>

<p>We plan to visit Scranton soon and learn more about it.</p>

<p>Scranton tied for 4th in US News Best up and coming schools 2010…
and tied for 7th in same report for A+ schools for B students</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>They were also tied for 7th (with Ithaca) in the Master’s Universities-North and are ranked 3rd for undergraduate teaching in Master’s-North. It is a very good school.</p>

<p>Seton’s Hall package was tough to beat financially, but we don’t know that much about the nursing program. We like the size of the campus , not sure of location, or strength of program. Proximity to NYC seems interesting, but not sure if kids really take advantage (or have the time or money) to frequently take the train in.</p>

<p>Good school spirit for b’ball team, and in addition to great merit scholarship, D could also apply for $3000/yr additional Pep Band award…</p>

<p>We will be visiting again after the holidays when students are back.</p>

<p>Anybody know anything more specifically about Seton Hall that they could share?</p>

<p>Looks like her final four will be Maine, Quinnipiac, Seton Hall, Scranton. (for now)</p>

<p>Know the “Hall” very well…can’t speak for the last few years, but it was really a commuter college for decades.Yes, there are fulltime student residents,but just as many,if not more,commute…And even some that live there,commute home for weekends…</p>

<p>some stats…45% live on campus
74% are from NJ(most from Northern NJ)
Campus is located in the middle of nowhere–South Orange, though easily commutable to NYC…</p>

<p>Also Hoops team has fallen mightily since the Michigan game in 1989 for the NCAA championship</p>