Help with nursing schools?

<p>^ Thank you qdogpa. That is the kind of feedback this is appreciated. We were a bit concerned when they don’t guarantee housing even for freshmen. (They do if you are one of first 850 students to send in housing deposit.)</p>

<p>Quinnipiac on the other hand guarantees housing for at least 3 years.</p>

<p>Not sure yet about Maine or Scranton, but both guarantee on campus housing for at least the first year I think. D may want to live off campus during her senior year, but it would be nice to know housing on campus was available for at least 3 years.</p>

<p>Jblan I just heard back a week ago but most people who applied haven’t heard back yet so i’m sure it’s fine!</p>

<p>According to Collegeboard, Scranton has guaranteed housing for all undergrads. It doesn’t surprise me since it’s a Jesuit university and they really value community.</p>

<p>And Collegeboard says that Main guarantees housing for first years.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Scranton requires freshmen and sophomores to live on campus (except for those living at home and commuting). Housing is guaranteed for 4 years if the student remains in on campus housing. If a student moves off campus for junior year, there is no guarantee they can get on campus housing for senior year. They can apply for it, but it is not guaranteed.</p>

<p>My D stayed on campus for all 4 years as that was her choice. S has moved off campus and is happy with that. Different strokes … The off campus houses that students rent are walking distance, very close to campus.</p>

<p>accepted to U Mass,but not their school of nursing, has to go undeclared…No thanks…</p>

<p>^ Definitely wise of you to turn it down. Applying to nursing school while in college would be a nightmare!</p>

<p>My D is also planning on a BSN degree and was told by many nurses and the director of a Univ nursing program that when looking for a good nursing program what is most important is the NCLEX pass rate of recent graduating classes. A big name or large university is not that important. If you have a BSN and pass the NCLEX for your RN, you are good to go. There are many small colleges that have great direct entry nursing programs with an almost perfect pass rate which means they picked the right students who were capable of passing and obviously had a good program to prepare them to pass. Take a look at Pace University Lienhard School of Nursing in Westchester NY or Mount Saint Mary in Newburgh, Curry College in Milton, MA just to name a few. I have also heard great things about Quinnipiac and Sacred Heart and St. Joe’s in CT. I am not sure of URI or Salve Regina’s NCLEX pass rates, but they are also in the Northeast.</p>

<p>NCLEX pass rates by themselves can be misleading.
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/nursing-major/818059-nursing-schools-6.html#post1063851893[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/nursing-major/818059-nursing-schools-6.html#post1063851893&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I got deferred from uconn nursing… I didn’t think that was possible… isn’t case western a much better school anyways though? I got into case western nursing, I should probably really consider going there!</p>

<p>You should absolutely consider going to CWRU! My daughter has been accepted at both Pitt and Case and if it comes to a choice between those two she will happily go to Case. Now, if it comes down to a choice between Penn and CWRU…</p>

<p>I got into penn state nursing!!! :)</p>

<p>^^^^
Congrats!</p>

Can I ask what your scores/gpa was? Trying to find UVM parameters.

@Kaycee2 - You might have better luck posting over in the UVM thread - this one is a really old thread.