"postoned" or defered, what can i do.

<p>my status just changed to postponed today and i'm wondering what i can do to make my chances better at getting in.</p>

<p>act 30 C
gpa 3.5 3.8uw
sat 620r 700m 560w</p>

<p>i have pretty good ec and rec. i have taken mostly honor course 2 ap my junior year and 3 this year.</p>

<p>so far i have 3 A and 2 B, both Bs in AP courses.</p>

<p>what else can i do to make my chances better, Extra Recommendation?, better grades?, Pray?</p>

<p>i also got postponed..sigh...
3.81 weighted GPA..dunno what my unweighted is
top 20% of class
2030/2400 1330/1600 SAT
29 ACT..but i didnt send this in as it was lower then my sats
lots of APs and Honors
pretty good ec...drama, israeli club president, and others
already sent in 2 reccomendations
out of state...hurt or help?</p>

<p>..anything i can do? becasue my mid-year grades are going to be average at best and im getting a C in AP Bio...anyhting else i can do other then try and raise my mid-year grades?</p>

<p>I believe that your grades are probably the most important factor, but you may also want to send in a couple of great letters of recommendation and a brief statement of why Madison is your #1 choice and what differences you can make on the Madison campus. </p>

<p>You are really good students. While I hope that it works out for you, make sure that you are happy with your backup plan and keep heart!</p>

<p>i guess i shouldn't keep my hopes up either than, my stats are almost the same as both of yours. the only thing that may work towards my advantage is legacy. blah i'm so nervous! good luck to both of you</p>

<p>Good fall grades and show you really want to go there if admitted. One note in your follow-up materials saying UW is your top choice if that is the truth.</p>

<p>I don't understand how you two both got deferred. I have a 3.76 unweighted gpa, my school doesn't weight stuff so I don't know the weighted, and a 29 on the ACT. </p>

<p>Both of your scores stack up with mine. I guess your unweighted GPAs may be a tidge lower than mine, but not that much. Are you two out of state or in state? I was out of state, or Minnesota. I don't know if that is considered out of state because we pay in state tution.</p>

<p>I'm right there with you guys</p>

<p>3.65 GPA
28 ACT
Hardest Schedule Possible
In state
Lots of Activities and Leadership
Great Recommendations</p>

<p>When your 1st term grades are available, send a letter saying:</p>

<p>1) Disappointed to be placed on the wait list/deferred/whatever;</p>

<p>2) Enclosed are my grades from the 1st term demonstrating commitment to academic excellence; and</p>

<p>3) Something to make yourself stand out - Selected as lead in the school play/musical; Got your Boy Scout Eagle badge; Captain of the varsity team that had another great season; Fed 1,000 people Christmas dinner at the homeless shelter and it affected me by ...</p>

<p>Also be sure to have another school to attend. You can do well there and apply as a transfer.</p>

<p>Make sure that UW knows that you are still interested in their school. Continue to send them grade reports as new transcripts are released!</p>

<p>you both WILL ABSOLUTELY GET IN. just send in your 7th semester grades and wait for regular notification of ACCEPTANCE. you are too good for uw to pass up.</p>

<p>well i got postponed just as i had expected 3.8W (don't know the UW), 1920 SAT, all honors and AP classes. wish me luck, so nervous..</p>

<p>See the link I posted to the UW Madison Frequently Asked Questions article on Postponement.</p>

<p>will they be mad if I sent my first semester grades before I got the letter, so theyre not in that blue envelope?</p>

<p>I was postpoed as well. 3.4 UW, 30 ACT, 6 APs, and big upward trend.</p>

<p>Sublimo, I think you should wait until you get the blue envelope. It says in the postponed applicants faq that you should specifically have the transcripts mailed in the blue envelope.</p>

<p>I got the envelope today but my counselor sent the scores yesterday.</p>

<p>anyone?.....</p>

<p>I wouldn't think its that big of a deal sublimo.....</p>

<p>You can always call or email to be sure.</p>

<p>sadly, i was postponed as well.
i'll wait to get the envelope to see what i should do. <em>sigh</em></p>