HI Team? (Hall Involvement)

<p>I got an email informing me about the hall involvement team, and I was just wondering if anyone here has participated in it? and how was the experience? Would you do it again? and just basically any information on it will be great. I read their web page, just wanted a first hand account.</p>

<p>I’m a freshman who applied as well. I’ve known one person on the HI Team and asked them a few questions. She pretty much said the same things as the email: you move in early and take courses in leadership. Sounds like there’s quite a bit of free time so you can explore campus, but you have to go to everything they plan. Then you help people move in, which she said was pretty tough and people are rather angry and antsy during move-in. I’m going to try and find someone who has more to say on it.</p>

<p>I thought about it. While moving in 3 days earlier than the “early check-in” day sounded kind of nice, I want to have my time there before school to myself, to meet people, and to explore. I don’t want to be tied up in training, and helping others move-in. (Though one could argue that you could befriend a student you help move-in, but, eh)</p>

<p>The HI-team member I encountered during my freshman move in really did nothing but walk me to my room. Moving in 3 days early is kinda nice, but if you show up early on the 1st normal day, parking shouldn’t be too bad anyways (it’s horrid if you show up with the crowd).</p>

<p>Personally, I wouldn’t want to be stuck on an empty campus for an extra 3 days with nothing to do. It only took me an hour to go around to all my classes and see what was up on campus…obviously walking all of it will take longer.</p>

<p>I like being on campus earlier. As I spent all summer taking classes at UA, it’s sort of fun: all of the offices are still open, rec center is open (speaking as a runner who likes their gym, haha), and I love being downtown. Walking distance from 4th, some art galleries, and my favorite theater… I’m going to find it a pity when I don’t have as much time to explore!</p>

<p>And, for the curious, UAKid is right: move-in isn’t too awful. Southern Arizona works on a different time schedule where no one wakes before noon, anyway! If anyone is going to be moving into Posada San Pedro, I’ll be around to help carry your boxes, though! :P</p>

<p>Speaking of waking before noon, if you wake up before 7 AM or so (I wake up at 5 myself during the semester), the mall is <em>totally</em> empty. Downside is nothing is open except the library but I’ve seen the sunrise twice and it looks pretty awesome.</p>

<p>Agreed! I’m always up before 6, usually earlier than that, and sometimes I’ll go through town to find what’s open (read: nothing) and go shopping without the crowds. It’s nice.</p>