Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2017-18

im worried now. What is the “acceptance rate” for the scholarship?

I wonder if they ever postponed Scholar Celebrations?

I thought these were for new scholars, and the first one is scheduled for tomorrow in Dallas.

Has anybody heard of any decisions yet? How would we know to attend the scholarship conference or not?

Decisions have not been released. I think HSF may have postponed some of the Scholar Celebrations.

Has anyone heard about hsf scholarship awards for 2017-2018? They said June-July but Heard nothing yet

I’ve heard nothing from hsf

me neither

I’m getting really upset haven’t heard anything

My DD received another invite from HSF for the Scholars Celebrations but no notice re scholarships. I did see on Facebook that there were only ten scholars at the Dallas celebration which tells me that is a low number based on my DD’s attendance at the Texas scholars event last year.

For others posting please do not get upset about lack of notification. HSF is terrible with meeting their stated deadlines. You simply have to have a lot of patience when apply with HSF.

honestly though, I’m wondering what they’re waiting for to release decisions. last year I was notified in late June, so why haven’t we gotten decisions yet? They should be releasing them soon, I guess

They have selected about 100 people for the conferences already, so I think they’re about ready to send out scholarship notifications. :slight_smile:

The scholar conference in San Francisco was this past Thursday in my area. Does that mean I didn’t receive a scholarship or is there still a possibility; with notifications pending to come out that I may be a receipient?

^ I was referring to the STEM/Finance/Career conferences, not the general scholar celebrations. But yes, it is still possible. These events are for scholars from previous years as well, so it is expected that they wouldn’t postpone them.

Oh okay makes sense. Thank you! Now just waiting anxiously haha!

notice the hsf conference deadline to apply was extended yet again… not sure if that’s good or not?? hmm…

:(( anyone gotten anything?

@wiiizard no this is becoming ridiculous

@garcdanny26 it is! SMH

@wiiizard I have given up lol

I received a call last week from HSF, to notify my that I was selected for one of the conferences, but I haven’t heard anything about the scholarship. This means that they’re using rolling notifications though.