Honors College- Applying after 1st Semester

<p>Unfortunately I wasn’t able to apply to the Honors College at UA when I applied for admission because I only have a 26 ACT and the cut off to apply is a 28. I heard that you are able to apply to the Honors College after your first semester at UA if you have over a certain GPA. Is this true?</p>

<p>Yes.
"Future Students may apply to the Honors College after they have been admitted to The University of Alabama. Admission to the Honors College requires a 28 ACT or 1250 SAT and a minimum 3.3 high school GPA. You will be notified of your acceptance via email. (If your test scores are below the Honors College requirement, you can be admitted later after you have successfully achieved a 3.3 in your college coursework.)</p>

<p>Current UA Students with at least 12 UA hours and a minimum 3.3 overall GPA and Transfer Students with at least 12 overall hours and a minimum 3.3 overall GPA will be accepted to the Honors College upon submission of their applications. All students who apply with greater than 60 hours are required to draft a plan to finish all honors coursework prior to admission. You will be notified of your acceptance via email."</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Great! Thanks Cuttlefish, Roll Tide!</p>