Honors College invitations

<p>Has anyone received information on Honors College selections?</p>

<p>Nope…</p>

<p>Anyone receive a large envelope yet from the Honors College? Daughter received one today, but she is out of town and I’m not opening. Anyone know if it is in fact an invitation to the Honors College or just information on the college???</p>

<p>My son got one today. It’s an invitation to HONORS COLLEGE! We are so excited!!</p>

<p>Isn’t it a beautifully put together folder? I was given the ok to open and texted her the photo…hahaha:)</p>

<p>TCU is such a wonderful college! I believe our children have made a great choice.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if there is a scholarship that comes with the Honors College invitation?</p>

<p>My son got his scholarship notification on Dec. 21.</p>

<p>do these come with the acceptance letter or after?</p>

<p>Son applied early decision on Oct. 10th, was accepted on Dec. 9th, scholarship notification on Dec. 21st and honors college invitation on Feb. 10th.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if TCU has sent out all the Honors Invitatations yet or will they be mailing more?</p>

<p>We were told that there would be 3 different release dates. 2 have already been done.</p>

<p>Any idea when the 3rd one will be mailed?? The wait is agonizing and it will be better to know for certain either way instead of wondering day to day.</p>

<p>Feel free to call the Admissions Office. They are swamped but very helpful!</p>

<p>Daughter just received Honors College invitation! Letter was dated March 2nd, mailed on March 5th, and received it today in Southern California. She is very excited… And now has a tough decision to make :)</p>

<p>Congratulations Southerncalmom! There are lots of kids from SoCal at TCU and several moms on this board. Let us know if you have any questions. :)</p>

<p>I’m not sure I understand TCU Honors College. My Son has two close friends from his school with near exact stats who received honors college invitations weeks ago. It was his first choice, but now feels excluded and is probably going to go to his second choice, where he was invited to honors and received similar scholarship.</p>

<p>Mithwhizmia, his Honors College invitation may still come. It seems like they are trickling out this year. Did he get a scholarship offer? It seems as if the students who received the Deans’ Scholarship or higher are the students who are invited into the Honors College and Dorm. </p>

<p>If he doesn’t get one, I would encourage you to call Admissions if you think it might be a mistake. TCU’s application rate has increased tremendously. As thorough as Admissions Officers are, there are still mistakes made at universities around the country. </p>

<p>Last, I would still consider TCU even if he isn’t in the Honors College. The Honors College offers a neat living experience your freshman year, but the other dorms at TCU also have very close-knit communities. Your son would only have one Honors class per semester and my son’s classes haven’t even been in the Honors College building. So his sense of Honors is his freshman dorm but again, all the dorms seem to offer neat experiences.</p>

<p>Yes Rice1961, he received the Dean’s Scholarship. They certainly can’t be accused of playing favorites as other family members have attended and gone on to be significant contributors. It was a place he felt connected to, now he’s just irritated. He applied to 4 other universities and was accepted in each case with a scholarship larger than the Dean’s Scholarship, Honors College invitations, and personal communication from the schools expressing interest in him. There is one more friend in his group who is a legacy with pretty good stats but was declined. Seems very impersonal. Sorry to see that it went from the top of his list to the bottom.</p>

<p>mith whiz when did he apply and receive the scholarship?</p>