Honors College

FYI, My S was told all honors college decisions should be made by April 1. They said decisions would be delivered by postal mail.

Does anyone know if Honors College automatically comes with some scholarship money? Any amount at all?

Scholarships is listed as one of the benefits of Honors College on the website.

Just curious.

@STEM2017 Just received honors acceptance letter but no mention of any extra merit money.

The scholarships listed on the site appear to be just like any of the other scholarships you are automatically entered for when applying/accepted to the college, but the pool of students that are eligible for them is made up of only Honors College students.

I had my eye on the McNamara Scholarships…

Probably the only one S would qualify for.

Every $ counts.

when were you accepted? in the second round. i’m starting to think honors invitations for first round students is out of question.

@SAD1010

@unihopeful21 My daughter was accepted during the first round.

Anyone heard if they’re releasing more decisions?

Unfortunately, Honors College does not mean automatic scholarship $. But my understanding is VT has made a bit more scholarship $ available for Honors’ students this year than last, with the intent to help lock in some top admitted students.

Another benefit of Honors College are the two dorms set aside for Honors students. In years past, it required a separate essay on why one should be selected for the special housing, which is not the case this year. I’m not sure how VT plans to offer housing in those dorms this year.

question: for those of you that got accepted into the Honors College. Is there a change in your application status page? or does it just say “the application serves as an application to the Honors College” ??

There was no change to my daughters application status page.

So are they done releasing decisions

S was told all decisions would be out by April 1. So one more day.

Good luck!