Honors Scholarships?

<p>Hi everyone - today I got a letter inviting me to a scholarship interview weekend at virginia tech, through the honors program. I'm not sure if I want to go to tech at all yet, and it's a pretty far trip. I guess what I'm wondering is, how much do they give out for honors scholarships? i do not want to make the trip and take the whole weekend if the scholarship is not going to be enough. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I’d also like to know the answer to abbeyxflabby’s question. I’m in the same scenario.</p>

<p>My son attended this weekend in 2010. We are out-of-state. He received two scholarship offers that brought the cost of attendance into the instate tuition range. The weekend itself was a great way to see VT and to get some exposure to the honors living community. However, VT was not his first choice. He is now attending his first choice school.</p>

<p>thanks for your response JDavisKing!</p>

<p>I received my invitation to apply for the Honors College last week, but there was no mention of the scholarship interview weekend. Those of you who received that invitation… did it come with your invitation to apply or did it come later… and, what kind of stats do you have?</p>

<p>It came much later. </p>

<p>My stats:
780 CR, 700 M, 800 W
Ranked in top 12% (with a couple B’s)
Quality extracurriculars (or least, I like to think so)</p>

<p>VT’s not my first choice either, so I’m not sure if I will attend.</p>

<p>I was invited to apply in mid January. The letter came this past Thursday. They selected 50 out of 1000 applicants (that’s what they said in the letter).</p>

<p>My stats:
Intended Major: Human Development (CLA&HS)
SAT: 690 CR, 670 M, 760 W
ACT: 34
3.82 GPA, 4 AP 3 Dual Enrollments, Governor’s School
Lots of extra-curriculars, lots of leadership
And I also think I had a pretty unique Honors application (that page 5 was a doozy but I think I came up with an interesting response)</p>