Hoping to transfer into UM Fall 2012, looking for advice and tips!

<p>Hello, I'm aiming to transfer into the University of Miami for the Fall 2012 semester as a junior and would love to get any advice or tips from previous transfers who have been through the process.</p>

<p>I'm currently attending the University of Houston as a commuter and I'm taking 12 credit hours as a future finance major my first semester. Obviously I don't have an official GPA yet but I have been doing pretty good so far. At this time I have an A in my mathematics course, an A in freshman composition, an A in psychology, and a B- in history which I definitely plan to raise once the second midterm comes around.</p>

<p>As of yet I haven't really found an organization to join, UofH isn't a very active campus but I'm planning on going ahead and joining a volunteer club our school has just so I can have something under my belt for freshman year.</p>

<p>Assuming I stay on track, should Miami be that hard of a school to get accepted as a transfer to? Specifically, how is the business school with transfers? How many ECs should I have under my belt to look like a good candidate? Also what kind of a GPA should I have in order to land some decent scholarships? I'm well aware of the tuition they charge and I'm kind of scared as to not only whether I can get in academically but whether financially I would be able to afford it. I have no problem with taking out a loan but I'd like to not have a huge sum of debt straight out of college. FASFA has calculated my EFC as 0, so I'm unsure as to how much aid I can expect from them if I wind up attending UM for two years. Does anyone have any experience with financial aid in UMiami?</p>

<p>Sorry for all the questions, lol. I just really have a lot on my mind; two years will definitely go by faster then it seems and I just want to be ready for it all! :) Like I said, any help with these questions from people who've been there or know about UM would soo be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!</p>