Hotel Feedback

<p>For those who have stayed at the Holiday Inn or the Courtyard Marriott -- which one did you like better?</p>

<p>the courtyard marriot at Dadeland is a very nice, basic hotel with Dadeland Mall in walking Distance (5 mins away) and the metro right across the street with a direct UM stop</p>

<p>The Holiday Inn is the only hotel within walking distance of the campus if that is important to you. We have enjoyed staying several times at the Marriott Courtyard in Coral Gables. It is 3 1/2 miles from campus and very clean with friendly staff. Your rate may or may not include breakfast and they do charge for parking. On our last visit we stayed at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove based on many recommendations I read on this forum. It was nicer than I anticipated for the very affordable rate, and also clean and pleasant. Breakfast is included and parking is free. It was very convenient to campus less than 4 miles away. I plan to stay here again on our next trip. When booking any local hotel inquire about the “UM Rate” which can be found here: [Hotels</a> | Finance & Treasury | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/finance/index.php/travel_management/hotels/]Hotels”>http://www.miami.edu/finance/index.php/travel_management/hotels/)</p>

<p>D2 and I are staying at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove for Accepted Student Day (weekend!). Would love to connect with others!</p>

<p>We are also staying at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove and would love to meet. btw-Make sure you check other discounts, like AAA, which may be even less that UM’s rate.</p>

<p>We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Coral Gables last April as the Hampton Inn was sold out when I called. It was fine & the staff was very helpful with directions. Breakfast was extra, and I don’t remember if I paid for parking, but it was a small open lot directly across the street. Very safe & convenient to campus. It must have been accepted student weekend also & filled with very happy students! :slight_smile: Maybe that was the x-factor that helped D decide to apply there?</p>

<p>Just checked on my tripadvisor review to see if I paid extra for parking at MC and found some not so positive, recent reviews. Possible that management has changed since then, and property is “showing it’s age”. I always check the reviewer’s history and these look legit. You may want to check there first.</p>

<p>Our experience with Hampton Inn has always been very consistent. We visit many different locales with my son’s hockey team (ranges from Chicago to small towns in Alabama) and Hampton Inn has never disappointed us!</p>

<p>For anyone interested in more of a boutique type hotel, we have enjoyed several stays at the Mutiny in Coconut Grove. Not inexpensive, but rooms are large, the hotel is quiet and the hotel restaurant is excellent.</p>