Housing application

You have to refresh to get the button to show.

No help – have refreshed over and over – still an empty button

Two hours in and you’re still having issues, @beachham? Not good. What step are you stuck at, precisely? In order of how they happened for me: Has the contract come up, has the student been able to sign, has the parent gotten the email link, has the parent been able to sign, has the confirmation of the parent’s signature come up on the application site?

Yes, this is crazy, @dfbdfb. Everything is done, but I can’t go past Step 6. Step 7 is an empty button. We signed the PDF at 10:06AM and 10:08AM CA time. Has the contract come up = YES, has the student been able to sign = YES, has the parent gotten the email link = YES, has the parent been able to sign = YES, has the confirmation of the parent’s signature come up on the application site = ???

DocuSign Contract Signature = Step 6 has this message = Your contract is currently in the status: completed. You are not currently able to perform any actions on it. Step 7 is a blank button. What did I do wrong?? HELP, ANYONE?

That is crazy, @beachham. (I do hope somebody at @UAHousing ends up looking at this, by the way, so that they can see that a first-deposited, first-choice system might not actually be the best or fairest way of doing things.)

I would presume that you’ve done things like logging out and in, clearing your cache, restarting your browser, and so on, yes? Short of that, I have no idea. :frowning:

3 hours later, and we are done! IT had to fix something – so glad UA Housing answered the phone! DONE and DONE – yes! On to the next… Thanks for all of the support!

Had the same issue, but switched computers and tried again and everything worked. My guess is you could log out, clear your cache and have the same result, but actually changing devices did the trick for us.

I had an issue with a missing button too. I hope you can update the housing/roommate profiles. I filled it in for my daughter. It was weird seeing all the other girls’ profiles.

So I filled out the profile for my son. How do you go back into it to edit your profile and roommate profile.

You go back in to the application.

Mine is not letting me. It just says application complete and doesn’t let me get to the profile or anything. Guess I’ll wait a day or so and try again.

Just tried it again and it worked. Guess the system was overloaded.

Just a quick update: I’d sent an email to the folks at UA housing, and recently got a (polite) response explaining that they have a limit of 1,000 documents per hour, and hit that limit early, hence the issues many of us were having here.

I’d suggest that one might want to up that limit for a couple hours on one particular day if a lot of traffic is just perhaps (perhaps!) expected, you know? :slight_smile:

wow 1000 an hour? how many suite rooms do they have?

Housing application done. My DS may apply to Blount which would essentially make this race to fill this in less of a race but if he doesn’t get accepted to Blount, he’ll need that early app. We had the same problems and called the housing office. They were very helpful and said that they would make note of the fact that his app was started early and that it was their issue. You may want to call if you can show the time started on the app.

Not seeing a whole lot of “messy” profiles. Are the kids or parents filling these in? My son would be on the messiest of the messy scale.

Partial data for @MichiganGeorgia’s question: 8,400 residents, according to their website. As far as I can tell from their descriptions, Burke, Harris (196 residents), Parham (241), Paty, and Tutwiler (980) are traditional-style, and part of Friedman (128) and Somerville are. If someone can fill in how many are housed in the ones I couldn’t get numbers on (and at least rough proportions on Friedman and Somerville) you could back-of-the-envelope it.

Edited to make it clearer what I was responding to.

Please don’t panic about the number of people who applied today. Remember that many people will apply early and change their minds once they hear back on other factors.

Hope this helps,
Janine