How important is the curriculum to you?

<p>The application process has made my daughter realize that curriculum is really important to her. She is drawn to not only direct entry but curriculums where you start clinicals early and where your chem and other science classes are nursing students only. Not the same class pre-Meds are taking. </p>

<p>^^ agreed 100%</p>

<p>That was one question we asked when we were at the school’s info sessions last year.</p>

<p>Nursing students have their own A&P, MicroBio, Chemistry class? That’s great & that’s what we wanted.
( Not the large class w/500,600,700 students in each class)</p>

<p>My D’s A&P and MicroBio class size is small. She said her professor is great and the same professor teach both of the classes.
I am not a nurse so I don’t know how the Chem class is different from the " regular " Chem class. They explained to me that their Chem class is about chemistry that are related to nursing.</p>

<p>My son is not a nursing student, but he went through the very unpleasant experience of a 600 student chem lecture full of pre-meds. It caused him to completely lose his strong interest in chemistry. He had loved AP chemistry. </p>

<p>My daughter at York College has classes with a maximum of 40 students. The nursing students are required to take a harder sequence of science classes than most of the general student population.</p>