How much will senior year grades affect my admission?

I have been going through a lot of mental difficulties, missing weeks of school and thus homework. I am not sure how good my grades will be at the end of this semester and am wondering how much this will affect me.
It is my understanding that UCs don’t check senior year grades for admission, but once you are accepted they will ask for transcripts to make sure you did okay senior year. Can they rescind your acceptance based on your senior year?

Yeah. Don’t fail any classes and you’ll be fine. A D, F or dropped class requires you to send a letter informing the schools.

think of it like this… for UCs, Stellar Sr grades won;t get you in if it wasn’t already going to happen but, crappy ones can get you eliminated.

They would like a 3.0 with no Ds or Fs but, can be more picky sometimes.

@JulianL45 @NCalRent Do you guys have any evidence for this? My target school is UCSC, which isn’t THAT selective, so hopefully they won’t rescind my acceptance. I’m super behind, I’ll probably get a 3.0 weighted.

No idea what NCalRent was saying. UC’s do not check your senior year grades for admission. They will only CONSIDER rescinding your acceptance if you do not pass your classes or achieve a 3.0 weighted senior year.

Correction: You have to maintain a weighted GPA within a grade point. So if you had a 3.4, you can go as low as a 2.4 and so on.

Source: https://admissions.ucsc.edu/apply/conditions-faq.html

The requirement varies by campus and your acceptance package will tell you the terms of acceptance. My answer above is generic - contact UCSC directly for their specific terms this year.

Your Fall semester senior grades are important because you might receive a supplemental information request in earlyJanuary if you are borderline and being considered for admission. They may ask for a list of classes your are taking and the expected grades for the current Fall semester, additional questions, etc.

All of the acceptance notifications that my son received last year were “Conditional.” Each school had varying levels of conditions. At the minimum, all of them would rescind the acceptance if he received a D or lower in any A-G class. Some were (much) more strict than that. Most schools were a 3.0 weighted and no D’s or F’s in any class.