How to accept NASC scholarship?

<p>I’m very confused at the moment, so any help would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>I will be attending the University of Alabama this fall; I’m an incoming freshman. I enrolled today, actually. I received a letter today telling me that I need to accept my scholarship on myBama. I logged on and two portions of the package, the housing scholarship and the special scholarship (the $1,000/year allowance), are already listed under my financial aid awards as “Accepted.” So, two questions:</p>

<p>1) Where’s the rest of it? Is this just a matter of the system needing to catch up, and all I need to do is hold tight for another week or ten days or so?</p>

<p>2) How do I accept the scholarship in the first place?</p>

<p>If this information matters: </p>

<p>I’ve already sent in my NASC first choice notification (no word on that from UA; I specifically asked for confirmation in an email I sent earlier today, though), and the financial aid forms I’m required to submit will be mailed in tomorrow.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help. :)</p>

<p>Daydream…</p>

<p>Send an email to <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> and ask where the rest of your scholarship is. Your scholarship should list the Presidential NA Scholarship (for tuition), the housing scholarship (for Blount which you’re signing up for), and the 1,000. </p>

<p>The laptop and study abroad will come later. You have to sign up for Bama Bound to get the laptop. And, the study abroad money is given when it’s needed.</p>

<p>Be sure to mention that you’re NA and include your CWID #. If you don’t know what that is, you can find that on mybama.</p>

<p>Congrats and welcome to Bama! :)</p>

<p>My son is having the same problem, Engineering and Alumni scholarship there but not Presidential.</p>

<p>I’m having a similar problem. I got the letter in the mail to accept as well. On myBama it lists the presidential and engineering scholarships, which is correct, but they both already say accepted. I haven’t done anything to accept these scholarships that I know of. I am planning on accepting them so it’s not a problem, but should I email someone and make sure everything is fine?</p>

<p>anyone with a question about their scholarships needs to send an email to <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Be sure to include your full name, address, and CWID #<br>
Your CWID # can be found on mybama if you click on “Look up classes” (top of the middle column). When the new window opens you’ll find your CWID # located in the upper far right.</p>

<p>The CWID # will be located before your name…It will look similar to this…</p>

<p>12345678 John Doe
Mar 12, 2011 07:46 am</p>

<p>I don’t remember anyone having these issues last year, but perhaps a few did. I’m certain that the issues will be corrected.</p>

<p>I’m wondering if the ones that show “accepted” are in either default mode…or assumed to be accepted if you sent in an enrollment deposit. But, send an email and ask.</p>

<p>It may just be that they’re not finished updating the system. We got the letter for my D’s Crimson scholarship, but her mybama account showed she had no scholarship offers at all. It took about 4 days for the offers to show up in mybama. When they were there, we promptly accepted! (Since UA was the only school she applied to!)</p>

<p>The band/wind ensemble participation scholarships still aren’t showing up, but I think she has to accept those via email to the band department. She’s still trying to decide if she wants to do marching band her freshman year or not.</p>

<p>DS called Friday because he tried to log in and accept his NMF/Engineering scholarships, and the MyBama Scholarship Offers tab told him he had “no offers at this time” - quite a shock after the letter (detailing six figures in offers) he received this week!</p>

<p>He was told by Betsy (at the scholarship office) that this was a technical glitch, and that it should be solved sometime this weekend… in plenty of time to accept all offers before the deadline:-)</p>

<p>I’m sure they’re receiving MANY calls and emails about this, since the official offers just went out. We’ll be checking MyBama again Monday.</p>

<p>If you’re still having technical issues on Monday, let the Scholarship office know. Sometimes the only way a school can know that certain features of a website aren’t working well is for us to let them know.</p>

<p>FYI: I think a lot of offices are going to be closed this coming week; at least that’s what the lady in student receivables told me on Friday when I stopped to take care of some study abroad businesses.</p>

<p>They’re doing a lot of power outages on campus (I have no idea why) so I don’t know how quickly they’ll get back to you.</p>

<p>@m2ck: Thanks so much! I sent off two copies of the same email, one to that address and the other to admissions, so hopefully I’ll get a reply within two weeks.</p>

<p>Yup, offices are closed. You can reach an actual person in the general admissions office, but no such luck with the scholarship and financial aid offices, either of which you’ll need to contact for actual scholarship issues.</p>

<p>So I’m calling ASAP the 21st to sort things out.</p>

<p>But does anyone know how exactly I would accept the scholarship on myBama??? Like, step-by-step? If it’s a technical glitch I’ll wait until Monday the 21st to notify UA about it, but I’d still like to know.</p>

<p>I’m not a pro like most on this board;) But I was able to get on mybama, click on “Academics”, then smack dab in the center of the page there is a “Scholarships” section,
in the middle of that is “scholarship offers” click on that, it will display what they have you down for, at the bottom of that box there is a menu choice to accept, decline, or extend then click submit and it is done.</p>

<p>Good luck!!</p>

<p>When I hit Accept, I get “You have successfully chosen to accept your scholarship offer(s).”</p>

<p>followed by my scholarship offers which I can continually accept and nothing seems to change. </p>

<p>Are my offers really accepted or is nothing going through the system?</p>

<p>@nicollec - LOL, no wonder I couldn’t find the appropriate section. I was going to the wrong section. Thanks. And @theblueprint, same thing is happening to me. But according to my Financial Aid Award section, I’ve already accepted the listed scholarships. So I think it’s a glitch.</p>

<p>I guess they’ve figured out that there is a problem:</p>

<p>"The option to provide a decision on your scholarship offer through your MyBama account is currently unavailable due to technical problems, which should be corrected during the week of March 21. Students who have received scholarship offers will be contacted via email as soon as this site is available. Please know that this will not impact your scholarship offer.</p>

<p>We apologize for the inconvenience.</p>

<p>The Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships"</p>

<p>I just checked Ds MyBama account and there was a departmental scholarship listed for which we have not received a letter but it is cool that she did get a departmental. So those of you looking for additional scholarships, they are still coming. The only thing I need to fix is that they are showing as accepted but I don’t remember her going in to accept them. The additional money is still not enough to cover what she has at the other school so we need to free up that money for someone else.</p>

<p>*checked Ds MyBama account and there was a departmental scholarship listed for which we have not received a letter but it is cool that she did get a departmental. *</p>

<p>Wow! Congrats! What major?</p>

<p>Athletic Training. It was from the College of Human Environmental Studies.</p>