How to decline UC offers

<p>I’m so very happy that I was admitted into the UCs to which I applied (haven’t found out about Berkeley). I’m shocked to see how many people were waitlisted, even though they were qualified applicants. Anyway, I have committed to a private school and I want to decline all these admission offers so that people who truly want to go these schools can have a spot.</p>

<p>I think I found UC Davis’s link to decline the offer… what about others?
Thanks.</p>

<p>By not sending an SIR, you are effectively declining. UCs are not losing any sleep over this, neither should you.</p>

<p>just say in your account that you wont be attending</p>

<p>Or you could just ignore the SIR thing completely o.o?</p>

<p>I actually was wondering the same thing as the OP. I thought by declining, it would help the UCs manage their waitlist a little more efficiently. But hearing from AskMsSun, I’m not going to worry about it.</p>

<p>I just declined UCSC and UCSB but I forget exactly what I did. It was online and it was pretty easy.</p>

<p>Yeah thanks for everyone’s input. It was a lot easier than I thought.</p>

<p>do u just click the button or do u have to write them a letter or at least a paragraph explaining why ur not going there =_=???</p>

<p>No explanations or paragraphs - most UCs have a button to click. Not sure if all do, but if not, then no need to decline.</p>