How's AA going?

<p>AA and OA are Honors College programs, so these programs are not available to all incoming freshmen, I believe that is why there is a new program this year. The new program is called Camp 1831, which will be open to freshmen and transfer students. Also AA and OA seem to have limited appeal to instate students due to their familiarity with the university and with the locale. Many instate students also have a set of friends that will be attending UA with them so they have connections built already.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This is correct. My AA son worked at a school - cleaning, fixing a water sculpture an earlier class had created and others activities - but he did not directly work with any students.</p>

<p>The reason they don’t get to work with the students at the school is because an Alabama law mandated a later start for public schools. This happened very late last spring, after AA and OA registration. </p>

<p>Regarding issues with registering at BB, students that apply for AA or OA will need to register for the class with an override. In the past, some students went to a BB before the override instructions were sent so a bit of “panic” occurred when they tried to register for the class and where not allowed. Eventually everything gets sorted out and everyone that is suppose to register for the class will get in the class.</p>

<p>After going through this process, I’ll need AA and the A’s don’t stand for Action or Alabama.</p>