How's My Schedule?

<p>I am an honors student. </p>

<p>I will have a work study job. </p>

<p>I hope to be able to volunteer every weekday from 1:30pm until 2:30pm (if possible).</p>

<p>My major is Collaborative Special Education. </p>

<p>Here’s my proposed schedule:</p>

<p>COM 123~ 9:00AM-9:50AM~ MWF~ Reese Phifer Hall 346~ Treva Elaine Dean</p>

<p>PY 101~ 9:30AM-10:45AM~ TR~ Shelby Hall 1093~ Sheila R Black</p>

<p>SP 101~ 10:00AM-10:50AM~ MWF~ BB Corner Hall 111~ Instructor TBA</p>

<p>MA 112~ 11:00AM-12:15PM~ TR~ Tuesday- Tutwiler Hall B1, Thursday- Gordon Palmer Hall 227~ Instructor TBA</p>

<p>TCF~ 6:30PM-9:30PM~ W~ Reese Phifer Hall 216~ Matthew Thomas Payne</p>

<p>How is this schedule in regards to my timing? Are there any classes that you recommend I do (or don’t) take? Why? All input is greatly appreciated. The Bama Family has been very helpful thus far!</p>

<p>With a morning-heavy schedule, you will likely be working nights and weekends as office positions generally favor those who can work mornings. You will only need to work 10-11 hours per week to use up all of your Work Study award.</p>

<p>Remember to include travel time when committing to a volunteer activity.</p>

<p>TCF 112 from 6:30-9:30PM on Wednesdays during fall semester is sort of a rite of passage for freshmen. Be sure to read the textbook, go over past tests, and don’t leave class before the end of the films.</p>

<p>^^^My son LOVED TCF 112.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>SEA_tide, would you consider working those work study jobs a negative factor? Should I switch my schedule to make my classes later? What work study jobs would I do at nights and on weekends?</p>

<p>I’m really looking forward to TCF 112. I never thought I would say that about a three hour class. That’s Bama for you. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Just looking for any more opinions.</p>

<p>Anyone? Will I be able to make it to my classes on time? Any recommendations for changes to my schedule?</p>

<p>I know a lot of freshmen take TCF thinking it will be an easy A. They soon find out how wrong they were. That class is no joke from what I understand. Be prepared to watch and write about some obscure movies.</p>

<p>Here’s a campus map. [Full</a> Campus Map - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Your Shelby Hall Bldg# 1251 on map (7H on map) to
Tut Hall Bldg#7206 on map (13K on map) looks like these classes are very far apart.</p>

<p>Can you confirm?</p>

<p>Shelby and Tut are far apart though doable in 15 mins. But she is taking Math 112 and the scheduled class in Tut is only pertinent to the first Tueday of the semester. She will be required to attend her lecture class on Thursdays in Gordon Palmer throughout the rest of the semester. But after the first Tuesday of the semester she will no longer have a scheduled class at Tut. She will be required to spend up to 3 hours each week in the Math lab but she can fulfill those lab hours any time or day(s) she chooses.</p>

<p>So Math 112 is only on Thursdays after the first week? What is a math lab? Do I have to do it at the same time every week?</p>

<p>Yes, you will only meet once a week in Gordon Palmer for your lecture class which is on Thursday. Math lab is really just a big computer lab in Tutweiler that runs math problem software. There are helpers in there to answer any question you might have. Your grades on your quiz/test scores will determine how many hours you have to spend in there each week (3 maximum). You can put your hours in any time or day of the week the lab is open. You don’t have to do all 3 at once either. Just a cumulative 3 hours each week. You will also schedule your own time and day during test weeks that you want to take your test. </p>

<p>Read this fall 2011 syllabus for a better understanding. (And looking at that syllabus they may have cut the max hours required in the lab from 3 to 2.)</p>

<p>[UA</a> Online Syllabi](<a href=“UA Online Syllabi”>UA Online Syllabi)</p>

<p>and here’s a link to the Math Lab (MTLC)</p>

<p>[Mathematics</a> Technology Learning Center](<a href=“http://mtlc.ua.edu/]Mathematics”>http://mtlc.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Sorry this doesn’t really answer your question, but I’m taking the same Public Speaking course next semester!</p>

<p>No problem! It’s always nice to meet a (potential) future classmate. Which Bama Bound are you attending?</p>

<p>I was at the first BB in May!</p>