Indian at TAMU?

Howdy!

I am an Asian-Indian and have lived in Texas since I was two years old. With that being said, I am seriously looking at attending A&M, but the only thing I’m worried about is whether the school atmosphere will fit me. All things considered, I am a Conservative, a huge football , and love the traditions at A&M, but the only thing that worry’s me is if I will fit in as a and Indian and a Hindu.

Looking at other schools in Texas(UT, UTD, Rice) I am confident that an Indian will be comfortable there; however, I don’t have the same confidence with TAMU. Am I mistaken?

All responses are appreciated!

Thanks!

Football fan*

Do you mean does it have a racist culture to it? My dad attended and I just asked him. He chuckled a little.

He thinks that stereotype might come from being a very conservative school, but conservative and racist aren’t synonymous.

He went like 30 years ago, so maybe it changed. He says that the word he would use to describe A&M is friendly. There was no major racist attitudes 30 years ago. He can’t attest to now, but I doubt it has changed much.

@Jpgranier The HS I attend right now is super liberal, so whenever I tell someone I’m interested in TAMU, they tell me that I as an Indian won’t be well there.

Thanks for the clarification!

You’ll be just fine there but why don’t you take a tour of TAMU to see for yourself?