Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My daughter and I were at the Chicago reception yesterday and heard the same thing. This might also explain the lack of Kelley Petition acceptances this year.

1 Like

This is us, too. Private with no weighting and where a 3.0 is strong. They do great with the LACs, but not so much with the large universities with no holistic viewing of applications. She’s in at Tulane and Penn State though? That’s amazing, so great options and congratulations! Good luck on the rest!

1 Like

She has very good schools in her pocket. I hope she gets IU, too. But no matter what - exciting future! Congrats.

2 Likes

So much kindness. I am excited for her future too! Thanks for sharing the positive attitude.

Hutton’s scholarship decisions released today.

2 Likes

I sent you a private message. I was curious about a few things since we are in the same boat

Daughter was notified tonight that she was waitlisted. I guess it wasn’t meant to be!

Yay! D just got accepted to the Contemporary Dance Program :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Anyone else?

2 Likes

when does indian send out emails about merit awards?

Depends on the school. S23 is in at Jacobs and they’re supposed to send out merit between 3/15 and 4/1.

1 Like

my son is in school of public health
 how can i find out when they will send theirs?

You could call. That’s how my source got the info.

I did this, called B school, got differing answers. Has anyone gotten notification at all from Kelley on the SSA scholarships?

I thought I read someone post that “Hutton” notifications came out. My daughter had applied- but heard nothing. I thought perhaps only awardees were notified.
But I’m not entirely sure. Some folks also mix up some of the scholarship names
Hutton, Hudson, etc.
The IU website promises email by April 1st on the Hutton Honors scholarship

I have the same question as well about the KODI scholarship. Last email we received on this was right after completing the video interview at the end of February. “Thank you for completing the video and essay portion of the application”. We couldn’t find any other info on their website about notification dates.

I seems that the monetary value of the Holland and Hudson scholarship is added on top of any other scholarship received, up to the point of meeting the in-state tuition cost. We received $6k/yr from HH, but being from out of state, we were hoping that the $12k be on top of the others scholarships already received to reduce the OOS cost.

This is unclear I agree
My son got HH scholarship too, the full amount. However, we are waiting on 3 other scholarships he did a video interview for. I have seen mixed information about whether H Holland will stack. One post said yes, and one post said no. We are OOS, so I guess we wait and see?

We are OOS too. The Holland will stack with other scholarships but not the Academic Scholarship is what I was told by the scholarships person who spoke at the NYC admitted students reception. They will only notify those who won scholarships but not those who didn’t. The notices will happen by 3/31, so if you don’t hear by then, assume you didn’t get it. So far we’ve only gotten what equals the instate tuition cost. I had hoped the Holland and Academic ones stacked too.

1 Like

I didn’t explain it well. The Holland and Academic scholarships will stack up the amount of instate tuition but not over. Only any additional scholarships from the SSA or individual scholarship applications will stack on top of that. We had also hoped the Holland full instate amount would be on top of the Academic scholarship but it’s not.

Son was never prompted for a video interview. So perhaps he isn’t still being considered. Hmmm.