Information/Application for Chancellor's scholarship

<p>I've been trying for close to a year to get information and an application for my now sr D2. I have sent emails and left multiple phone messages at the contacts given on the UWisconsin Scholars Program website, I even talked to an actual person once who said they'd send materials, still nothing.</p>

<p>Does anyone here have advice about how to get a hold of whoever is in charge of the Chancellor's program? Any help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>[UW-Madison</a> Honors Programs > scholarship](<a href=“http://www.provost.wisc.edu/honors/scholarship.html#2]UW-Madison”>http://www.provost.wisc.edu/honors/scholarship.html#2)</p>

<p>The Chancellor’s Scholarship Program
The Chancellor’s Scholarship Program recognizes the outstanding academic achievements of historically underrepresented and culturally disadvantaged students. This campuswide, merit-based program offers a variety of academic and co-curricular activities to enhance the overall quality of the collegiate experience. Prospective scholars must apply during their senior year of high school. The scholarship application deadline is February 1.</p>

<p>For application materials or additional program information, contact:
The Chancellor’s Scholarship Program
117 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Telephone: 608/262-9315
Email: <a href=“mailto:csp@provost.wisc.edu”>csp@provost.wisc.edu</a></p>

<p>Perhaps this is the contact information you have already tried to use. I have noticed that this website (link posted above) has out of date info since the Business Scholars program was discontinued in 2009 due to budget cutbacks, but is still listed at this link.</p>

<p>^^^Yes, that’s the email and phone I’ve been trying. Thanks for the info about it possibly being out of date. I know that 4 years ago they had a much more detailed description of the Chancellor’s and Powers-Knapp scholarships and now this was all I could find. I’ll re-search the UWiscosin website and start making calls to Admissions, Honors, etc. if necessary.</p>

<p>Here’s another link to Chancellor’s Scholarship information with a different email address;</p>

<p>[Chancellors</a> Scholarship Program](<a href=“Page Not Found - Campus and Visitor Relations Knowledgebase”>Page Not Found - Campus and Visitor Relations Knowledgebase)</p>

<p>Chancellors Scholarship Program</p>

<p>Web [UW-Madison</a> Honors Programs > scholarship](<a href=“http://www.provost.wisc.edu/honors/scholarship.html]UW-Madison”>http://www.provost.wisc.edu/honors/scholarship.html)</p>

<p>Email <a href=“mailto:lee@bascom.wisc.edu”>lee@bascom.wisc.edu</a></p>

<p>Hours Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.</p>

<p>Phone(s)
608-262-9315 Chancellors Scholarship Program
608-262-6308 Mercile Lee (Program & Application Info)</p>

<p>Address
117 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Chancellor Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, regardless of financial need. WI residents receive amount equal to fees and tuition annually; out of state students are awarded fee remissions and $400 annually to help defray the cost of higher tuition. They may be renewed each year for up to four years. Historically underrepresented minorities–Hispanics, American Indians, and African-Americans–are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible for admission as a new freshman to UW-Madison and plan to enroll in the fall after graduation from high school, a citizen of the United States, and a member of a historically underrepresented racial/ethnic minority group.</p>

<p>Call for additional eligibility criteria and application procedures. Application deadline is February 1st preceeding the freshman year.</p>

<p>Call Mercile Lee. If you don’t hear back soon let us know.</p>

<p>[Person</a> details: Directory: : University of Wisconsin?Madison](<a href=“http://www.wisc.edu/directories/results.php?name=MERCILE%20J%20LEE]Person”>http://www.wisc.edu/directories/results.php?name=MERCILE%20J%20LEE)</p>

<p>Thanks for the info, I finally did get in touch with a real person in the Chancellor’s office and they’re sending the application & information soon. </p>

<p>According to my old notes, the Chancellor’s was for full tuition and a small book stipend for OOS students. Now it appears that it’s for IS tuition plus $400. That’s disappointing from the financial POV, but Wisconsin still has a lot going for it academically, socially, location, etc. so I guess we’ll have to take a look at the application when it comes and see what it requires and try to determine if D2 is within range of being a competitive candidate for the scholarship.</p>

<p>Good luck, honestly, on the chances for the scholarship, but even if your D is underrepresented and/or culturally disadvantaged, UW-Madison has really tightened the screws on scholarships, especially OOS. If she’s accepted–not an easy task–best to plan on paying full fare. </p>

<p>Not what a lot of folks like to hear, but times are tough, even for world-class universities.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice jnm. I’ve been around for a while :rolleyes: so I don’t have many illusions when it comes to admissions and merit aid.</p>

<p>Wow, what a saga, which I hope has finally ended. I’m updating this to help others who may be trying to get information about the Chancellors & Powers-Knapp scholarships.</p>

<p>I only got recordings at the numbers for the Chancellor’s scholarship listed above, so I called Admissions and was transferred to an actual person in the Chancellor’s office who took my information and said they’d send out the information and application. They said they’d hopefully get it out that week, that was almost a month ago.</p>

<p>So I tried calling the numbers again last week and today, only got recordings, and again moved on to Admissions. They transferred me to the main Chancellor’s office (608-262-8967), explained my situation, and had me talk to Dominic who is the Student Services Coordinator. He seemed to know about the program and said that the usual person dealing with the scholarship was out with health problems, thus the delay. </p>

<p>Current information about the scholarship:</p>

<p>Chancellor’s is worth full tuition for either IS or OOS students; about 50 are given
Powers-Knapp is worth the difference between IN and OOS tuition for OOS students (sorry, I didn’t ask about IS); about 60 are given.</p>

<p>Application deadline is Feb 1.
Notification is the end of March/early April.</p>

<p>end of March/early April? another month of waiting… heavy sigh…</p>