Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship

<p>I found out that Regular Decision applicants (including Frost) are eligible for Singer (and other scholarships) but not the Stamps (you need to apply early to be considered for Stamps). Unfortunately you can’t apply early to Frost :frowning: She mentioned that things were changing for next year - I didn’t ask what the changes were going to be. They anticipate having decisions on March 7th (not sure if this is the date we will find out or just the date the college has them ready). They have a weekend for regular decision candidates and it is the same deal as early - you must attend to get Singer. I am being optimistic and booking hotel room now - however, I’m not brave enough to book airline tickets.<br>
A couple of Frost students do get a Stamps scholarship but it is not an academic scholarship. Each year they have a different ensemble that they put together - this past year it was Jazz - the class of 2018 will be a string Quartet.
<a href=“Frost School of Music - University of Miami”>Frost School of Music - University of Miami;
I would love to find out how many current Frost students received a Singer scholarship. While it would have been nice for my son to be considered for an academic Stamp, I can’t imagine too many other schools that provide their BM (bachelor of Music) candidates with as generous of an academic scholarship. </p>