IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I believe if you don’t meet both GPA and SAT/ACT criteria, you have to submit a petition.

My DS would meet the GPA criteria (pretty much straight As), but the school just doesn’t calculate GPAs.

IU will calculate for you. it was discussed in the same thread previously.

She’ll be studying Environmental Science! Excited for her!!!

Any acceptances today?

In case it helps others with predicting timelines:

My son applied 10/12, was admitted 11/9 and received his direct admittance to his college 12/2. Good luck to all who are still awaiting decisions!

Was your son admitted to Kelley? Was he a direct admit or did he have to petition? Did he receive an email today? Thanks. Congratulations!

Thanks!

Arts & Sciences; no petition; both his portal changed and he received an e-mail today; E-mail also invited him to a freshman research experience (ASURE) that was new to us

1 Like

Any acceptances today?

My daughter is waiting on admission status update. The only place we can find to see the status is under the Applications List. Currently still says “Thank you for submitting your application materials; your application is complete.” and they refer to (general) dates to see when decision should be posted by. Is this the right place?

I think so - on what date did she apply?

Yes, if she is accepted, Application Status drop down section entitled Details will change to say something like

Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to Indiana University Bloomington… Welcome to the IU family!

Looks like all of the petitions accepted so far are without scores. Now my daughter is kicking herself for sending her scores. UGHH

I am also in the same boat. Petitioned in late September with test scores. Still have not heard.

If I had taken the November SAT and gotten my score(Nov 19) after I submitted my application(Nov 1st) , how do I send IU my new score for my petition?

My daughter submitted updated test scores post-application and contacted the office of Admissions. They sent her a link to self report updated test scores; online “self-report web form” with a hyperlink. Hope that helps.

I sent my scores through college board and it took a few days for them to confirm that they got it. I couldn’t find a way to self report the scores so it was easier to just send the official scores.

Accepted to IU a few weeks ago, Petitioned a few days ago got an acceptance a day later. (COAS

My status on the Application Status changed to “In Progress” today, what does that mean?

Sounds promising. When did you apply? My kid’s still says Applicant.